Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #1

A few pics

Here a a few before and after pics. I don't think I have posted any yet. I know they are not up to djlomas' s standards yet , but I'm working on it. I have a Nikon D1X that I'll have to break out next time I venture out of the city and get into some green countryside.

shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #2

a couple more. Next up, caliper paint. I still don't know what color to go with. Black, yellow or red. BTW, I know I'm gonna get smeared for this, but I actually like tha amber on this car
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #3

Go with red caliper paint. If you paint them yellow, they'll show up nicely against the black rims, but everyone will know you do not have ceramic brakes because of the model year of the car. Red will show off the calipers nicely and since your car is without a rear decklid badge, it will be much harder to know what year or model (S or non-S) your car is.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #4

I'd go with the Red calipers too. But anyone who knows Boxster's will be able to tell an "S" by the dual exhaust tips and third center front radiator air intake with or without red calipers.

I took the Boxster S badge off my trunk this past weekend because it gets in the way when trying to clean and wax the trunk. And the badge tends to lift off on it's own right at the edges where you can easily catch a polishing cloth on it if you're not very careful. My son once broke a piece of the "B" off by catching a cloth on it. Plus it's a pain in the ass to wax in and around the thing without having to go back later with a Q-Tip to get all the wax residue out of where the edges of the badge meet the trunk.
2000 Boxster S: 18" Turbo wheels w/color crests, Litronics, Onboard Computer, Traction control, Cruise, Painted rollbar, Leather interior, Aluminum package, headlight washers, Porsche GT3 seats, windstop, Hi Fi six speaker amp package, DSP, CDR 220, Limited Slip, side airbags, BK Rollbar extender.
2000SoCalBoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:36 PM   #5

I have the same color car (see my sig), but with a grey top. I like our color with either top color..

I would go with red caliper paint, as it will stand out quite well. I would also start de-ambering the car. Get some clear headlights and triangles, the clear sidemarkers, clear tails and a clear center brake light. I already have the clear headlights (litronics), but need to get the clear sidemarkers, tails and center brake light.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote