Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 08:32 AM   #1

Do these headlights match?

I found a guy selling these. They are "black" headlights he calls them. What do you guys think? I'm trying to match my smoked lights (everything else in my car) but I can't decide if these will look right on my car. Anyone else think they might be too dark/not a good match? I put a picture of my tail lights for reference. I don't think they'll match...

conradtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #2

dude, if they match and you are going to that route...don't buy that one...just paint yours.
How much was he selling it? I know DJ and Boggtown did the same thing with teir headlight except, DJ's is kinda silver...
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
why dont you get some tinting spray, and do that yourself for $4 ?

but i would say go for it, since your car is dark
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:52 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
They have to be that dark, any lighter and you will see some amber. Even if you paint your lites, you will have to paint them that dark to not have any amber appear through the tint.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:57 AM   #5

The guy said that these were professionally painted (from the inside??) He wants $450 for them both. Not bad... But they look more brown than smoke. Hmm.....
Old 05-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #6

$450 is not bad
But...as soon as you buy it, a "Clear Headlight" with in your price range that's for sale will pop out somewhere. It's Murphy's Law
Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklekraker
$450 is not bad
But...as soon as you buy it, a "Clear Headlight" with in your price range that's for sale will pop out somewhere. It's Murphy's Law
@ unklekraker: Damn Murphy and his laws!!! Haha!!! I know, just as soon as I get them, some clear ones will pass my way and I'll be kicking myself. I was actually contemplating getting the Litronics. I am tired of waiting for clear halogens. Hehe...
Hey I saw the pics and videos from your AX day. Geeeeezzz! Looks like fun! So the next one is at the Altamont pass eh? Is that a Sunday? I think I have to go now. Can't let you have all the fun. Hehe....
Old 05-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #8

hahahaha! that is so true, right?
Litronics are very nice and very expensive

yap, the next one is in Altamont and you definitely need to go to test all your bars or else, i will steal it in the middle of the night
Old 05-22-2007, 09:21 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradtan
The guy said that these were professionally painted (from the inside??) He wants $450 for them both. Not bad... But they look more brown than smoke. Hmm.....
That might be true about painting from the inside but they are also painted on the outside, im 100% sure those are amber headlights and you need to smoke the outside to cover the amber. If hes lieing to you already, i wouldnt buy them from him. To me, they are gift-wrapped turds.... You already have ambers so just smoke them, Those smoked ambers look like they were painted very well and he also smoked the entire edge around the headlight to give it a nice fade around the edges. You can have a paint shop do that to yours for 150 bucks.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #10

*Hijack Alert*

Hey Cj...you need to change your myspace password, I got a junk message from you regarding hot dates website...unless you really have a profile there..ahahahahahahahaha!

okay, back to the headlights...
i looked at the first picture and i already know that it's an amber headlight. if you want it "professionaly" done like what he said, just put on a suit and neck tie when you're painting it in your garage...at least you look professional
Old 05-22-2007, 09:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
That might be true about painting from the inside but they are also painted on the outside, im 100% sure those are amber headlights and you need to smoke the outside to cover the amber. If hes lieing to you already, i wouldnt buy them from him. To me, they are gift-wrapped turds.... You already have ambers so just smoke them, Those smoked ambers look like they were painted very well and he also smoked the entire edge around the headlight to give it a nice fade around the edges. You can have a paint shop do that to yours for 150 bucks.
Thanks CJ. I will ask around paint shops. I want to get my bumperetts painted anyways.

Hehe..."gift-wrapped turds" that's funny.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklekraker
*Hijack Alert*

Hey Cj...you need to change your myspace password, I got a junk message from you regarding hot dates website...unless you really have a profile there..ahahahahahahahaha!

okay, back to the headlights...
i looked at the first picture and i already know that it's an amber headlight. if you want it "professionaly" done like what he said, just put on a suit and neck tie when you're painting it in your garage...at least you look professional
Ya! You are right! Or I can have a hooker come over and have it "professionally done". Hehe....
Old 05-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
that guy is lying, there is no way that those are painted from the inside.
that would mean that they took apart the headlights and the triangles to paint from the inside, and it looks like they are painted from the outside.

so yea, like others said, he lied to you from the getgo, so pass up on it.

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote