Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2004, 01:03 PM   #21

Just for you Ad. I updated it

Old 09-11-2004, 04:59 PM   #22

This time around you showed your face!

thanks - I especially like the hood crest closeup and the slice of the headlights and wheel arch.

If I ask you to mail me lots of money will you be this quick?
Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 06:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally posted by aglsteven
OK guys,
Here's a really technical question.

I'm considering importing a set of clear red tail lights from the US to Australia, as I can save $150 (even covering the shipping charges), BUT in doing my research have come across two part numbers:

000 044 900 67 (not for USA)
and
000 044 900 68 (USA)

what's the difference between the two? Are there electrical differences between them? Bulbs in different places? One or two fog lights? Plugs?

Is there a difference between left and right hand drive cars?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Those are tequipment part numbers so the tail llights come with the bulb holders. US car have an additional bulb for a running light that other countries do not have. Our bulb holder has an extension on it for the additional bulb and the light has a hole for that the bulb sticks into. So if we buy the German tinted lights or buy ROW clear lights and we want to reuse our bulb holder then we remove a plug covering the hole so our extra bulb will go inside the hole.

So that is why there are 2 part numbers. You can use either version in your country. UK guys also buy US lights because sometimes it is cheaper. Our tail lights have the US DOT approval while ROW lights do not. I do not know what approval is required in your country so there may be a very technical violation.

There is no difference between RHD and LHD. Both versions have the hole in each light for the fog light bulb.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 08:51 PM   #24

Interesting info TP. Thanks.

Ad, I was thinking about switching the pics for a while now, and I was just sitting around watching college football with nothing better to do, so I got right on it. As far as mailing you lots of money, there might be a problem there. You see, I already have tons of pictures of my Boxster, however its gonna take a while to scrounge together a bunch of cash. Let me get back to you on that one.

Let me see . . . I left my ski mask and sack with a dollar sign on it around here some place . . . .