Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:20 AM   #1

What is that clip called?

There's this clip I've seen and I think it's red, when you have the top down it still makes the motion sensor in the interior active. I believe it only costs like $5. I've been looking through my Performance Products catalog and can't seem to find it. Is there a specific name for it?

yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:38 AM   #2

red clip

red clip threads
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:47 AM   #3

I found mine at Suncoast... ordered it when I ordered an ice scraper.

It's a neat little thing to have. It DOES have a Porsche part number, too, but I don't know it offhand.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:14 AM   #4

I got one at the dealer for $3 or so last week. Even though the clip activates the alarm when placed, the IR sensors near the rear view mirrors are not very sensitive at all. The primary purpose of the clip is not to activate the alarm when top is down but rather to prevent one from closing the top when a speedster hump is in placed. I have stopped using the red clip.

porschedude is offline   Reply With Quote