Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions
Register Garage FAQ Community Calendar

Post Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2007, 05:50 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bastrop, TX
Posts: 705
I did not notice any difference at high speeds. Although I was going strait and not in a turn. I would like to hear from the people that do the road course racing if they have noticed any difference in downforce.

James
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:31 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 72
I just ordered one of these. Anybody else put one one? Rear end of the car fall off? Get 98 MPG now? Any other details? Also, a non related question, I want to add my old car as my Avatar, how is this done?
__________________
First I had none, now I have two. What was I thinking?
P-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:31 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Jose
Posts: 321

I've had one one for over three weeks now and it's still on good! I recommend that you get some plastic washers for use between the spoiler and the shafts PLUS plastic washers for INSIDE the spoiler also just in case. I was a little unsure how much to torque down on fiberglass but this seemed to relieve me of that uncertainty. My MPG has not changed... oh wait... I'm getting 99MPG now! Hehe...
I still don't have an avatar either. Just add an image to your signature.
conradtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:46 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradtan
[
I've had one one for over three weeks now and it's still on good! I recommend that you get some plastic washers for use between the spoiler and the shafts PLUS plastic washers for INSIDE the spoiler also just in case. I was a little unsure how much to torque down on fiberglass but this seemed to relieve me of that uncertainty. My MPG has not changed... oh wait... I'm getting 99MPG now! Hehe...
I still don't have an avatar either. Just add an image to your signature.
Yes, I used rubber washers from Home Depot the second time I installed mine. Would have been good the first time. Also, check to make sure it's not loose from time to time. It may need to be tightened down a little after a few months.

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 05-16-2007 at 08:58 AM.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 3,417
Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Were the washers really needed since they 'changed the design'?
__________________
-99' Zenith Blue 5-spd...didn't agree with a center divider on the freeway
-01' S Orient Red Metallic 6-spd...money pit...sold to buy a house
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Were the washers really needed since they 'changed the design'?
I couldn't tell you because I never saw the new design. I think they just added more fiberglass in the spots that were week to make them stronger at the mounts.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:33 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Jose
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
I couldn't tell you because I never saw the new design. I think they just added more fiberglass in the spots that were week to make them stronger at the mounts.
The base seemed real thick, but I still wanted to be safe, washers allowed for more cushion. Just have to tighten it up once in a while. Hehe...
conradtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page