Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 07:09 AM   #1
bmussatti

Finally Got The Boxster Out!!!!!!

Well, after a 6-month winter hibernation, I got my car out yesterday! It was about one-month longer than planned.

Everything went great! Thanks Jim (MNBoxster), for the excellent winter storage tips. The car roared to life with the first key turn (I used the batter maintainer). It gave off the very smallest puff of smoke and not a single abnormal engine sound. It sounded like a pre-warmed engine.

I took it for a nice 2 hour drive.

Today, I am at Porsche Motor Werks for the install of the Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE).

Boy, it takes a long time to drain about 25 pounds of air pressure! Winter storage is at 58-60 pounds. I had absolutely NO flat spotting. I parked on hard rubber pads (like you would see in a health club weight room), move the car about 12 inches every month, and run a full nitrogen fill.

:dance:

Old 04-20-2007, 07:13 AM   #2

wohooooo! feels like a brand spanking new car again on the first key turn...that's how i feel after a week of not using it..how much more if it's 6 months

im happy for you, bmuss!

*now at least you won't be cranky anymore in this forum..hehehehehe! j/k
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:51 AM   #3

bmuss, congrats on the new car! I know the feeling.
Any chance you can record a before and after sound clip to hear the PSE difference?
Z.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by z12358
bmuss, congrats on the new car! I know the feeling.
Any chance you can record a before and after sound clip to hear the PSE difference?
Z.
Sorry, Z.....I am just not that tech savvy. I am hoping at least one of the Chicago guys can make a recording of the "after" and post it for us to hear.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #5

Alright Bill!!!! Mine will be "woken up" this weekend. I can't wait to see how it looks (GT3 bumper and skirts) with the wheels on the car and off the floor jacks!

I'll take some pics. I hope mine starts as easy as yours...I also have the maintainer.

Georg
porschegeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #6

Hi,

@bmus - Congrats! I've started mine (1st time - no issues), but am in the middle of some pre-season maintenance chores (garage finally warmed enough).

The Car is on Jackstands and I've pulled the Wheels (18" Turbo Twists) and detailed them, including the backside (unbelievable amount of Brake Dust) and gave 'em a couple good coats of Wheel Wax.

Removed all 4 Calipers, diassembled them, cleaned them up, and this afternoon will be painting them Red. Hydraulic System is drained and will be flushing and bleeding when I reinstall the calipers w/ ATE Super Blue - Typ200 (Gold) in there now. Also doing new Brake Pads. The current ones are about 2/3 gone, but I already have the pads, so I decided to do it early, rather than have to disassemble everything next year.

Finally, have the entire underside opened up, replaced Fuel Filter, removed Sway Bar and Diagonals so I can pull the Tiptronic Pan, replace the Filter, Gasket and Fluid - it's been leaking and I want to clean everything up make sure it's filled to the proper level (which I had no way of knowing with a leak).

So, while it will be sunny and '80's this weekend, I'll be under the Car hinding from the UV. Looks like everything will be done for next weekend though...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #7

AHHA!!!! MNBoxster has finally made a spelling error on this spell check-less feature forum.
What's next Perfectlap spelling words right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
So, while it will be sunny and '80's this weekend, I'll be under the Car hinding from the UV. Looks like everything will be done for next weekend though...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote