|
View Poll Results: Your favorite Forum peeve:
|
|
Erroneous or omitted Punctuation
|
  
|
3 |
6.25% |
|
Possessive Pronoun interchanged with Contraction; Its vs. It's
|
  
|
1 |
2.08% |
|
Confused Apostrophes; There/Their/They're
|
  
|
8 |
16.67% |
|
Writes only in lowercase
|
  
|
3 |
6.25% |
|
Shouts in UPPERCASE
|
  
|
4 |
8.33% |
|
Can't/won't use a Spellchecker
|
  
|
10 |
20.83% |
|
Too big and/or ugly Avatars
|
  
|
7 |
14.58% |
|
Silly Polls like this one
|
  
|
11 |
22.92% |
|
I like to watch 'American Idol'
|
  
|
1 |
2.08% |
|
04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
|
#1
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,311
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Chills
I hate when people say "their" when they mean "they're," or "your" when the mean "you're" etc.... That just bugs the f*ck out of me.
|
You missed the second "they" in your sentence. It says, "when THE mean" instead of "they" mean. You got it the first time. Funny. LOL!
|
|
|
04-16-2007, 10:29 AM
|
#2
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 793
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
You missed the second "they" in your sentence. It says, "when THE mean" instead of "they" mean. You got it the first time. Funny. LOL! 
|
CRAP!!! I hate it when I don't proof read my own posts. Fixing it now... Good catch, spyder.
UK, I would have snapped, but I've been on my meds today, so I'm all chilllllllllllll.....
|
|
|
04-16-2007, 10:32 AM
|
#3
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose, CA.
Posts: 1,359
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Chills
UK, I would have snapped, but I've been on my meds today, so I'm all chilllllllllllll..... 
|
cool! BTW..cool video of Will Ferrel
|
|
|
04-16-2007, 10:38 AM
|
#4
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 793
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by unklekraker
cool! BTW..cool video of Will Ferrel 
|
Nothing beats a tranq dart in the neck. hahaha
|
|
|
04-16-2007, 11:22 AM
|
#5
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 530
|
The thing that bothers me the most is when people post using text messaging shorthand. It's not like you don't have a full keyboard sitting in front of you, unlike most phones.
R U getting it?
__________________
Jack
2000 Boxster S - gone -
2006 Audi A6 Quattro 3.2
|
|
|
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
|
#6
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 846
|
Poor grammar and street language, 'cuz
__________________
1976 914 2.0
2000 Boxster 2.7 (sold)
1978 911 SC (sold)
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
|
|
|
04-16-2007, 12:10 PM
|
#7
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 19
|
My biggest pet peeve is overuse of IM-style abbreviated text; the worst example I've ever seen--from elsewhere on the Web--went something like this:
m a total newbie n crazy abt makn a sudoko solver as my project. sooo can anyone plzz help me out wid dat??..i know basic java n c++.. can i plzz have an idea of how this project wud go..i mean the flow of da program..n how2start..i think its btr doin it in java.. it wud be ma first project n i really really need ur help..i'll prefer maknn a simple solver but of my own coz i really am dumb at understandin codes of others.. hopin 4 a reply dat wud solve ma matter....
thnx..
Every time I read this kind of crap, I just mentally cringe because it gives the impression that the writer has the IQ of a houseplant.
|
|
|
04-16-2007, 12:44 PM
|
#8
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 118
|
I had a hard time choosing out of the top 6.
I must say though, out of all the forums I visit, this one is at the very top as far as proper grammar and spelling, knowledge, and people respecting each other's opinions.
Sometimes drama is entertaining, but I would rather have a conversation with articulate, educated people any day.
edit: I think we over use this =====>  . That really annoys me
Last edited by Rob-00BoxsterS; 04-16-2007 at 12:47 PM.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:18 AM.
| |