Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2007, 03:28 PM   #1

Rear Suspension Creaking

I have an '03 Boxster I bought a couple of months ago, still under warranty. Not long after I got it, I noticed that on hard cornering I was getting a creaking noise from the rear suspension. No noise on normal cornering, no noise over bumps, and also no effect on handling, car drives fine. And, like any good car noise, it doesn't make it all the time, just when I'm driving it.

I had the dealer check it out, they couldn't hear anything, and said the suspension was normal. I mentioned it to my Porsche shop (for my old car), the mechanic there told me that it's the spring perch, that the spring makes noise in it, and they've had a number of Boxster's with the issue. They have a fix for it - something about unseating the coil and putting a rubber piece on the end of the coil (could have heard this wrong).

Anyone else with this issue or a different take on the problem? My first thought was bad bushings in the rear sway bar.