Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #21
DrRoentgen

The wheels look nice, I have chrome wheels too, I didn't buy them to please internet BB typists, you shouldn't either.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #22
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRoentgen
The wheels look nice, I have chrome wheels too, I didn't buy them to please internet BB typists, you shouldn't either.
Dr. in all fairness, the poster, Husker, did ask for our opinions. And I think most people have diplomatically stated their preference.

True, only he needs to be completely happy...and he is. That all that matters.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #23
DrRoentgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Dr. in all fairness, the poster, Husker, did ask for our opinions. And I think most people have diplomatically stated their preference.

True, only he needs to be completely happy...and he is. That all that matters.

I'm not trying to pick any fights, just say a lot of naysayers. Yes, he was looking for opinions I just thought he was getting too much negative feedback.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #24
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRoentgen
I'm not trying to pick any fights, just say a lot of naysayers. Yes, he was looking for opinions I just thought he was getting too much negative feedback.
No problem here, Doc, it's all good!
Old 04-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #25
boggtown

Thumbs down

Say hello to your homies on the west side for me ok. lol. Sorry but im giving them the thumbs down. I even think if they were body color theyd rock, but chrome doesnt fit the body... Like a clown looks natural in a big rainbow wig, an investment broker would not. Such with the boxster, except with chrome wheels, lol.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #26

Thanks everyone for your comments, positive or polite. Obviously I didn't spend $2700 to please the forum membership. I spent a lot of time and energy looking at a lot of options. Sometimes it was frustrating but I ended up with what I wanted. I knew there would be some desenting opinions and that's fine. I think HIFI said it best - we all want to make our cars distinctive. I chose to go a different direction than most to do that.

And sometimes its fun to stir the pot, hence my tongue-in-cheek opening sentence - all "adjectives" I've seen used to describe chrome wheels by forum members. It's also good to see opinions from many "low volume" posters. Looks like the topic moved their needle. Silent majority? (more pot stirring)

BTW...
I'm keeping the Sport Classic IIs for winter duty. Pretty nice wheels for that, I know but gotta look good in the snow.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:54 PM   #27
bmussatti

Boggtown that wasn't very diplomatic! You need a "time-out".
Old 04-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #28
DrRoentgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Boggtown that wasn't very diplomatic! You need a "time-out".

OH A WISE GUY, HEY mOE
Old 04-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #29
boggtown

Lol, its the internet, no ones diplomatic. Im just calling it how I see it, no pussyfooting around. I agree, it does stand out because not many boxsters have chrome (ive never seen one before), and I respect that. Let me put it this way, Go to google images and type in escalade, then type in boxster. Not one boxster has chome wheels, and all the escalades do..., Its not even a factory option for chrome.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #30
DrRoentgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
Lol, its the internet, no ones diplomatic. Im just calling it how I see it, no pussyfooting around. I agree, it does stand out because not many boxsters have chrome (ive never seen one before), and I respect that. Let me put it this way, Go to google images and type in escalade, then type in boxster. Not one boxster has chome wheels, and all the escalades do..., Its not even a factory option for chrome.

In the spirit of honesty, you made that GT3 nose look ghetto with the screen porch look, since you have no third radiator, the center should have been left filled for downforce. How many of those google images had screen door in their vents?

Last edited by DrRoentgen; 04-04-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
corvettes are pretty common with chromes...in fact I thought more along the lines of the late 90's Trans Ams that had the chrome 5 stars whrn I saw the pics....

sooooo.....how you saw it was a pretty limited view....just an observation....but you can probably just say hi to the homies on the west side directly....your license plates do say shizle....my nizzle 4 shizle....snoop dog
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:02 PM   #32
boggtown

I live on the east side, lol. I know lots of vettes and camaros have chrome, and thats fine to me, it "fits" the style. And mesh is a factory option,
Left 996.505.323.91 $140.20
Right 996.505.324.91 $140.20
Center 996.505.321.92 $96.70

Old 04-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #33

I must admit that I'm a "stock" fan...I love my Boxster just the way it is. However, I think your wheels look nice.

silverboxter is offline   Reply With Quote