Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 04:10 AM   #1

Stinky Boxster...

I know this is a trivial/naive question, but here goes:
Yesterday I forgot to put my top up, and of course, according to the Murphy's law, it started to rain. So now my sweet Porsche smells like a skunk. I wonder if there's any fragrance treatment or something that's not too overwhelming that I could use to get rid of this, (I kind of like the smell of "new car", or better yet, no sell at all).

Any help appreciated,

-- peer

Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:13 AM   #2

I got my floor mats a little wet recently and got that wet sweatsock smell for a while...

The BEST solution would be to have your carpets and mats steam cleaned.

Personally, I threw my mats in the wash and dried them, and it helped, but not totally. I ended up vacuuming out the car, and used some automotive Febreeze. Now my car smells pretty good!

Probably will still see if I can have the carpet professionally cleaned sometime, tho.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:08 AM   #3

Hi,

+1 on the Automotive Fabreze - good stuff...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

PS Get some towels around your Alarm Module under the Driver's Seat to be sure it doesn't short out - incapacitates the car and mucho $$ to replace...
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:13 AM   #4

What you're smelling is probably some sort of mold or fungus that has grown due to the moist conditions. I wouldn't stop at anything less than a steam clean of the interior carpets (the seats, dash, etc should be fine with a clean wipe down). Else you're just covering up the smell, or drying what is still wet, and not actually taking care of the problem.

Autocrosses: 22
Track Days: 1
http://www.crife.net
986 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote