Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 08:50 AM   #41
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist
Let's see...compared to the fabspeed muffler (which I heard bad reviews of) $1495...

And compared to ANY OTHER muffler out there which are all $1600+

I think a factory muffler that I can keep for ever and order from Porsche for $1750 is not bad at all.

I was actually predicting $2000+
BM, I am just guessing at the potential price. We will know more in a couple months. I will NOT go aftermarket. The ones I have seen, hang below the bumper. I don't like that look. Plus, if something goes wrong, I want Porsche's name on the hook.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #42
bmussatti

Guys, just wondering, if I did get the PSE...would my stock Boxster S muffler be worth anything? If so, how much? Thanks!
Old 04-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #43
bmussatti

OK, the parts are now being sold. Here is one link:

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=P&Category_Code=987s

But I think you can get better pricing from www.sunsetporsche.com.

FYI- dealer costs is $1,435.43 (w/Sport Chrono).

A fair labor quote for install would be 3-4 hours (again with Sport Chrono). Without SC, labor will be another 1.5 hours (to install the switch in the front). Some dealers are quoting crazy hours for install...like 7-10 hours!