Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2007, 12:49 AM   #1

My Light got stolen :(

Hi Guys,

Someone stole the darker orange cover to my headlight (or is it the indicator headlight cover) on the drivers side.

Can anyone help me locate the exact part that I need. Thanks

I enclose a picture so you can see the missing part.
Thanks Guys
doz

kingdoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:00 AM   #2

It's a corner piece, since amber is frequently replaced for clear, you might find it in the classifieds. It's only held in with plastic molded in clips, I doubt seriously that anyone stole that, more likely it fell out. Your bumper cover / hood seam is not close to being straight, that car looks like it was hit, that could have broken the piece and allowed it to fall out as well.
stucatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:26 AM   #3

you are right

you are right, i also noticed my hood is not 100% straight so someone could have bashed it a little.

Do you know what that part maybe called or who might sell second hand parts like that? Im miles away from a porchse garage
kingdoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoz
you are right, i also noticed my hood is not 100% straight so someone could have bashed it a little.

Do you know what that part maybe called or who might sell second hand parts like that? Im miles away from a porchse garage

You're not miles away from anything, it's 2007... Check out E bay, on that site they are referred to as corners, they also come in clear. You can also order them from sunset Porsche, Pelican..the web has many parts providers.

I'd pull that cover off and have a look at the aluminum bumper beneath. The shocks might be compressed slightly or there may be damage hidden there. It it were my ride, I'd want to know.
stucatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #5

The part number is 996-631-046-01. I also lost one also (driver's side 996-631-045-01). My local dealer wants $50.91 for it. I have found the smoke colored ones online at www.pelicanparts.com for approx $30.00 each. It seems that no-one stocks the amber anymore.

If anyone has done a headlamp switch to the euro clears and has one collecting dust, I'd be interested in buying it. It has to be with the washer option though.

sparky

sparky65 is offline   Reply With Quote