Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2023, 02:36 AM   #1

Looking for OEM Porsche Boxster Headlights (L+R)

Looking for OEM Porsche Boxster Headlights (L+R) fitting the '99 model. Thanks

Kice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:34 AM   #2
Will there be cake?

Garage
Which ones? Litronics? Do you have older ones that can be restored. I expect they will be expensive…I always restored mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 07:27 PM   #3

I was going to LED retrofit these but I could replace the one burnt inner lens and refinish the outer lens and 2K clearcoat.
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 03:40 AM   #4

[QUOTE=tonythetiger;653441]Which ones? Litronics? Do you have older ones that can be restored. I expect they will be expensive…I always restored mine

I thought about that too, but it might not work. A previous owner installed some sort of strip lights curled inside the headlights and I suspect he did this by removing the front cover glass and then gluing it back on so it seems unlikely that it can be removed again without breaking something. Very frustrating.
Old 05-27-2023, 02:15 PM   #5

[QUOTE=Kice;653457]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
Which ones? Litronics? Do you have older ones that can be restored. I expect they will be expensive…I always restored mine

I thought about that too, but it might not work. A previous owner installed some sort of strip lights curled inside the headlights and I suspect he did this by removing the front cover glass and then gluing it back on so it seems unlikely that it can be removed again without breaking something. Very frustrating.
Post a pic. I can tell if it can be fixed.
Old 05-27-2023, 06:20 PM   #6

[QUOTE=JBauer;653460]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kice View Post

Post a pic. I can tell if it can be fixed.
See pictures. Not sure why he had to disfigure the car like that. I think he opened them from the front to put this stuff inside and then glued them back together...
Old 05-27-2023, 07:17 PM   #7

[QUOTE=Kice;653461]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post

See pictures. Not sure why he had to disfigure the car like that. I think he opened them from the front to put this stuff inside and then glued them back together...
Those LED strips are held on by double sided tape. Looks like they are stuck to the inner bexel. It's hard plastic. He added a cheap projector, might have ruined the bowl doing it. This isn't hard to fix if you are a little handy. You can make a cardboard box oven with a box and a heat gun. Depending on how he resealed them. Those are worth fixing. If yo think you can do it, he didn't cut up the wires, I have all the parts to make them back to stock, I sell what you need and won't hold you up.. First post a pic of the back open showing the wiring. Also do they work now?
Old 05-27-2023, 07:30 PM   #8

[QUOTE=Kice;653461]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post

Those LED strips are held on by double sided tape. Looks like they are stuck to the inner bexel. It's hard plastic. He added a cheap projector, might have ruined the bowl doing it. This isn't hard to fix if you are a little handy. You can make a cardboard box oven with a box and a heat gun. Depending on how he resealed them. Those are worth fixing. If yo think you can do it, he didn't cut up the wires, I have all the parts to make them back to stock, I sell what you need and won't hold you up.. First post a pic of the back open showing the wiring. Also do they work now?
Old 05-28-2023, 03:30 AM   #9

[QUOTE=JBauer;653466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kice View Post

They work but the wiring is a complete nightmare, all cut and taped - the cable harness is totally messed up. Will try to warm them up as you describe and then see if i can pry off the cover glass. Looking at the seam of the glass cover I get the impression liquid nails were used...
Old 06-20-2023, 08:04 AM   #10

hi i have a pair of OEM halogen headlights from 1997 boxster. They work fine and have been retrofitted with Morimoto HID bulbs/ballasts (can include the halogen bulbs if you want to go back to that). The lenses have moderate haze consistent with their age. Some of the wiring inside the headlights was cracking (common issue) but I replaced or wrapped it with and wrapped with electrical tape. I would sell for $350 plus shipping for the pair (would cost around $125 to ship in 2 boxes).
schumithecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 08:23 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumithecat View Post
hi i have a pair of OEM halogen headlights from 1997 boxster. They work fine and have been retrofitted with Morimoto HID bulbs/ballasts (can include the halogen bulbs if you want to go back to that). The lenses have moderate haze consistent with their age. Some of the wiring inside the headlights was cracking (common issue) but I replaced or wrapped it with and wrapped with electrical tape. I would sell for $350 plus shipping for the pair (would cost around $125 to ship in 2 boxes).
Post a pic if you can.