Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2023, 12:25 PM   #1

Need someone to do immobilizer eeprom swap/clone

I have already purchased a good replacement immoblizer/alarm box unit that looks great under inspection, no signs of ever being opened and when i did open it, it looks perfect.I was told the car was running but wrecked and only had 30-40k (ok, over-sharing here a little)

I haven't been able to get in touch with forum member "qmulus" as i have seen him referenced a lot about this topic, but he hasn't posted since 2021 as far as i can tell. (send pm)

I just need someone with experience who can clone the eeprom so this will work on my car or swap the eeprom from my immoblizer to this one. Car is my daily so i'd like to get this done ASAP -- as i said i have my unit that still powers on and only has the Kline/Wline codes (central locking and everything else works so it's not DOA.. but it has seen water in past)

Any help is appreciated here, not sure if it's the right forum, as i'm looking for a service.

hazardc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 05:35 PM   #2

I'm in Ft Wayne, I could likely swap the EEPROM, I do surface mount / microscopic soldering. Do you have a link the post discussing this? Want to see what kind of package etc.
Josdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 04:08 AM   #3
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage

Pretty sure the EEPROM is a 93LC56 I/SN.
Old 01-12-2023, 04:46 AM   #4

I think someone recently posted on Rennlist a business that will isolate the immobilizer from the DME, so the car will run without it
986tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:34 AM   #5
2002 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazardc View Post

I haven't been able to get in touch with forum member "qmulus" as i have seen him referenced a lot about this topic, but he hasn't posted since 2021 as far as i can tell. (send pm

He has retired and is not doing this type of work anymore.
Old 01-12-2023, 03:00 PM   #6

Promotive:

https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum/1329595-cannot-deactivate-immobilizer-about-to-purchase-bypass-thoughts.html
986tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 07:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josdek View Post
I'm in Ft Wayne, I could likely swap the EEPROM, I do surface mount / microscopic soldering. Do you have a link the post discussing this? Want to see what kind of package etc.
I'm interested in the service as well.
Old 01-15-2023, 06:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorman View Post
I'm interested in the service as well.

Ended up doing this myself in a hurry

I mailed my ecu/dme to protomotive first, their bypass doesn't work on any car with electronic gas pedal..

I grabbed an amazing shape junkyard box and swapped eeprom... it and was running same day

I'm not sure why they advertise the way they do.. ME7.2 is not compatible with the immo delete

Now there is someone overseas who is making immo emulators that use 3 wires attached inside the ecu...

I'm not sure if there will ever be a full immo delete, an emulator seems like a good middle ground.

Either way, i have a few functions back in my car that weren't working right over the past couple years, so all is well.

Swapping eeprom is absolutely the way to go here.. no shipping out your keys/ecu/potentially swapping locks/rfid etc... just one little chip and it's a literal clone.

thanks for the replies everyone, sorry for getting back to this late... i was pretty frantic over the holidays trying to figure this thing out and shpping my ecu all over the country for no reason
Old 03-01-2023, 10:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazardc View Post
Ended up doing this myself in a hurry

I mailed my ecu/dme to protomotive first, their bypass doesn't work on any car with electronic gas pedal..

I grabbed an amazing shape junkyard box and swapped eeprom... it and was running same day

I'm not sure why they advertise the way they do.. ME7.2 is not compatible with the immo delete

Now there is someone overseas who is making immo emulators that use 3 wires attached inside the ecu...

I'm not sure if there will ever be a full immo delete, an emulator seems like a good middle ground.

Either way, i have a few functions back in my car that weren't working right over the past couple years, so all is well.

Swapping eeprom is absolutely the way to go here.. no shipping out your keys/ecu/potentially swapping locks/rfid etc... just one little chip and it's a literal clone.

thanks for the replies everyone, sorry for getting back to this late... i was pretty frantic over the holidays trying to figure this thing out and shpping my ecu all over the country for no reason
Good afternoon. I have been searching all over the forums trying to get more information on this and your post is the most resent one, I'm going to tackle this myself as well. just got a used DME and going to swap over my eeprom. would you be kind enough to point out which chip I'm looking at to swap? . if its possible to grab an image and circle the chip? I have an idea just don't want to pick at the wrong one. thank you!
infiniteDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 07:52 PM   #10
Probably a shill

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniteDriven View Post
. if its possible to grab an image and circle the chip? I have an idea just don't want to pick at the wrong one. thank you!
Need someone to do immobilizer eeprom swap/clone
A-NewName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 04:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniteDriven View Post
Good afternoon. I have been searching all over the forums trying to get more information on this and your post is the most resent one, I'm going to tackle this myself as well. just got a used DME and going to swap over my eeprom. would you be kind enough to point out which chip I'm looking at to swap? . if its possible to grab an image and circle the chip? I have an idea just don't want to pick at the wrong one. thank you!
See the circled chip.

This is for experienced soldering people, just be aware.. but if you can do surface mount or have a friend that can it's pretty easy.