Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2022, 01:10 AM   #1

FS: 986/987 Speedster humps

I’m selling Genuine Porsche Arctic Silver Speedster humps for sale $600 obo.
Not sold as of 08/26/22

I’m the second owner and I’ve only used them twice in 10 years. I purchased them locally from someone selling them on this forum. No bags or spin locks included.

Atlanta area pickup. SHIPPING COST UPS IS $150 AVERAGE. The cost is way too high for this to make it worth shipping. Just my opinion.

Picture Lnk: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ig2gr7mk22ilhh/AACicS5kDeR2cmT-FNQxrO68a?dl=0

PM or Email with any questions: dolphin-airbase0l@icloud.com

Earn

Last edited by Earn; 08-26-2022 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Pic Price change
Earn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 07:18 PM   #2

I might be interested. Are the spin locks the same as the hardtop?
Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 05:29 AM   #3
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

I purchased my humps a few years ago, and from a forum member. It came with the OEM bags, and he included shipping across the country. $400. I purchased the spinlocks... another ~$100.

Your $800 may align with the market price, but it also reveals youi an opportunist with zero sense of community. GLWS.

Yes, Javi. The spinlocks would work with the HT or the humps.
Old 07-16-2022, 07:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Your $800 may align with the market price, but it also reveals youi an opportunist with zero sense of community.
Pretty strong statement...

Unfortunately prices of anything two or more years ago do not reflect todays prices. Shipping is stupid expensive right now as well. I recently sold a part (at a forum discount) for a price +shipping. The part was not heavy but considered oversized at 22"x 20"x8". The cost to ship was the same price as the part.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi Cooper View Post
I might be interested. Are the spin locks the same as the hardtop?
Yes, it’s the same spinlocks that cost around $100 new. I’ve never tried to remove them once I put them on the car. If that’s the only thing holding you back for some reason let me know and I’ll pull them.
Old 07-16-2022, 01:02 PM   #6

Quote:
I purchased my humps a few years ago, and from a forum member. It came with the OEM bags, and he included shipping across the country. $400. I purchased the spinlocks... another ~$100.

Your $800 may align with the market price, but it also reveals youi an opportunist with zero sense of community. GLWS.

Yes, Javi. The spinlocks would work with the HT or the humps.
Actually it shows a lot about your character since you find the need to post this. I bet you’re a real joy to be around in person. Just because you paid a different price you think the current market value is the same? Desperation is $400 including shipping, not market value.

The price posted is what I paid and I fully expected to receive lower offers (OBO). This is after checking multiple sources for current value and recent sales.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:51 AM   #7
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earn View Post
Actually it shows a lot about your character since you find the need to post this. I bet you’re a real joy to be around in person. Just because you paid a different price you think the current market value is the same? Desperation is $400 including shipping, not market value.

The price posted is what I paid and I fully expected to receive lower offers (OBO). This is after checking multiple sources for current value and recent sales.
My post reveals zero about my character, thank you. I am, in fact, a joy to be around. You can ask both people who well know me.

Desperation is $400? lol. No, $400 is one enthusiast passing along to another enthusiast a fair, reasonable, and thoughtful deal. That's not desperation, that's generosity.

You paid $800? I'm sorry, that doesn't align with my sensibilities.

Good day.
Old 07-17-2022, 06:49 AM   #8
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
My post reveals zero about my character, thank you. I am, in fact, a joy to be around. You can ask both people who well know me.

Desperation is $400? lol. No, $400 is one enthusiast passing along to another enthusiast a fair, reasonable, and thoughtful deal. That's not desperation, that's generosity.

You paid $800? I'm sorry, that doesn't align with my sensibilities.

Good day.
Starter what this post reveals is that you are definitely a ‘character’. As Billy Joel sang ‘Don’t go changing….. we love you just the way you are!’

PS. My humps came with the car, I use them maybe twice a year at show and shines and the occasional cars&coffee event. Everyone loves them and I think I could get better than $500 should I sell, but then again, that’s in Canadian dollars, so about $32.50 USD.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 06:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
Starter what this post reveals is that you are definitely a ‘character’. As Billy Joel sang ‘Don’t go changing….. we love you just the way you are!’

PS. My humps came with the car, I use them maybe twice a year at show and shines and the occasional cars&coffee event. Everyone loves them and I think I could get better than $500 should I sell, but then again, that’s in Canadian dollars, so about $32.50 USD.

I’ll give you $40 USD, but you need to ship them for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
z_wwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:21 AM   #10
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post

LOL! So true!

$500 doesn't seem unreasonable... if they come with the bags.

Aside from a few parts/pieces I've given a few members (postage) likely I'll hold on to the humps, extra lights, and other parts until/IF I sell the car. When I die I'm certain my wife won't be asking market prices for the stuff. She's not as savvy as I. /S

Have a great week my Northern Pal.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:40 AM   #11

$600 obo price change…..
Old 07-20-2022, 06:21 AM   #12

Quote:
$600 obo price change…..
Emailed you a couple of days ago, no answer. I'm interested but your pics show them on your car and it doesn't look like they fit very well. Concerned about the huge gap on the back. Are you sure they're factory? Are yours not on all the way in your pic? Thanks

Your pic:

Factory:

Last edited by JBauer; 07-21-2022 at 07:20 AM.
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:22 AM   #13
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Emailed you a couple of days ago, no answer. I'm interested but your pics show them on your car and it doesn't look like they fit very well. Concerned about the huge gap on the back. Are you sure they're factory? Are yours not on all the way in your pic? Thanks

Your pic:

Factory:

Right.

There's a tab ~midle of each piece that slips/snugs under the clamshell. There is a slight... slight gap, but nothing as extraordinary as the photo. me thinks incorrectly installed. Some have put a trim seal/guard on the section that sits atop the clamshell, to mitigate the appearance of gap.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Right.

There's a tab ~midle of each piece that slips/snugs under the clamshell. There is a slight... slight gap, but nothing as extraordinary as the photo. me thinks incorrectly installed. Some have put a trim seal/guard on the section that sits atop the clamshell, to mitigate the appearance of gap.
That's what I was wondering if maybe he just set them on there for the pic. Most of the aftermarket ones have the molding on them to take up space but I've not seen to many with that big of a gap. There may be an explanation. 👍
Old 07-20-2022, 01:22 PM   #15

Quote:
If you don't like the price, don't buy it (or make an offer). People have no obligation to underprice parts just because this is a forum.

Think about this- if it's not kosher to ask market value for parts on here, people will be disinclined to offer parts to this community, and just sell on eBay- making it harder (and ultimately more expensive) for us to get parts.

It takes extra time to post on here, and the probability of a sale is lower because of the small audience. Anyone taking time to post parts at market value on here is already doing a service to this community that they're not obligated to. Asking them to also underprice the parts and give them away isn't reasonable.

Last edited by casioqv; 07-20-2022 at 01:26 PM.
casioqv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 04:12 AM   #16
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by casioqv View Post
If you don't like the price, don't buy it (or make an offer). People have no obligation to underprice parts just because this is a forum.

Think about this- if it's not kosher to ask market value for parts on here, people will be disinclined to offer parts to this community, and just sell on eBay- making it harder (and ultimately more expensive) for us to get parts.

It takes extra time to post on here, and the probability of a sale is lower because of the small audience. Anyone taking time to post parts at market value on here is already doing a service to this community that they're not obligated to. Asking them to also underprice the parts and give them away isn't reasonable.
You're late.
Old 07-21-2022, 06:17 AM   #17

Quote:
You're late.
He's new 😄
Old 07-26-2022, 09:11 AM   #18

Quote:
$600 obo price change…..
You've obviously seen my questions about them humps.

If theyre sold, you dont want to ship or answer any questions that fine, just say so. 🙄
Old 07-28-2022, 01:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
You've obviously seen my questions about them humps.

If theyre sold, you dont want to ship or answer any questions that fine, just say so. ��
Not sold yet…..Sorry, I’ve just now seen these responses I was traveling for work. I’ll double check my email but I haven’t seen anything come through.

Bad install in those pictures for sure. They just weren’t slid together all the way. Here’s the underside of the hump showing the Porsche information. No warping or issues with them to date. I’ve had them wrapped in moving blankets in climate controlled storage for years.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ih6iwhzi19wkjp5/548A675A-9DCC-4B53-B683-459F6E7650B2.jpeg?dl=0

Last edited by Earn; 07-28-2022 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:24 PM   #20

I’ve added current pictures showing no gap when installed properly. Both sides of the humps lay flat without any issue.

Snugging both sides down while keeping the center gap perfectly aligned and level takes some maneuvering. Porsche design ��

$600 -Still for sale 08/26/2022

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g58h8s02iatfdxg/940F261C-624D-41FA-A8EE-087FDD6F850C.jpeg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g58h8s02iatfdxg/940F261C-624D-41FA-A8EE-087FDD6F850C.jpeg?dl=0

Last edited by Earn; 08-26-2022 at 08:59 AM.