Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 04:30 PM   #1

Dansk Sport Muffler for 2.7L Boxster

Well, in my continuing saga of finding the perfect exhaust system, I tried the Dansk Sport muffler for my 2000 2.7L Boxster and decided it was not for me. Dansk is supposed to be one of the more respected (and expensive) makers of mufflers for our cars. They are also supposed to have one of the least problematic low-end resonances that are common to most aftermarket mufflers.

This muffler sounds great to me, just not at 2-3K. When driving at constant speed the 2-3K resonance kicks in and is bothersome. I think if I were not taking long road trips, the resonance would not be a problem to me, but I do a lot of long hauls.

I know some in the fourm just love that sound of the low-end resonance, its just not for me. BTW, the overall sound level and 2-3K resonance is much less in this Dansk muffle than in the Gemballa I also tried. My muffler is less than a week old and not even broken in yet. I installed it, ran it for a few days, then took it off, asking 700.00,

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote