Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2021, 07:44 AM   #1

Interior Trim - Touch Up Tips?

Hi all - has anyone tried to touch up scuff marks on the black plastic interior trim pieces? There is a coating on the matte black A-pillar trim, etc. that seems to be peeling or when scratched peels off... anyone familiar? I was wondering if there's a quick and easy matching color marker to use to cover these up?

If not, I'd be willing to buy these pieces in good shape if anyone has?

safesaxbdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:40 PM   #2

Easy fix... remove, sand lightly to remove coating and paint.

Rustoleum black primer or flat black enamel is v good match... not avail as marker though.

Lots of DIY details on steps including piece removal in archives.

If you replace, you still have to remove pieces. Opportunity cost is two maybe three rattle cans (assuming you're > 18 to buy at big box home store ) to redo most/all interior... so that'll set you back $20 and couple extra hours. Replacements likely many more sheckles .

Good luck
Old 01-22-2022, 03:55 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by safesaxbdd View Post
Hi all - has anyone tried to touch up scuff marks on the black plastic interior trim pieces? There is a coating on the matte black A-pillar trim, etc. that seems to be peeling or when scratched peels off... anyone familiar? I was wondering if there's a quick and easy matching color marker to use to cover these up?

If not, I'd be willing to buy these pieces in good shape if anyone has?

This was done with flat black rust oleum fabric and trim paint. I painted half almost a year ago and occasionally set it outside and leave it in the garage to simulate what it would go through in the car. (I only painted half so that you can see the contrast). It is holding up great. I have almost an entire interior to do pan a restoration project I am doing and plan on using this all around. (don't use mon the leather seating surfaces use good quality leather dye for that but the sides and the backs of the seats are not leather). hope this helps. Good luck.
Attached Images

Dllrd23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior 986 , plastic trim , vinyl