Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2021, 07:49 PM   #1

FS: Square 17” Autocross/HPDE wheel/tire set - STL, MO

I have four genuine Porsche 17x8.5 ET50 wheels with almost new 255/40 ZR 17 Nexen Sur4g tires.This is what is known as a Square set up, reduces understeer significantly. This set up would be perfect for autocross, track days, HPDE, that kind of thing. They install perfectly on my 2002 Boxster S with no rubbing front or rear. Very sticky tire, I did not have any feeling that they were holding me back as compared to the people on more recognizable brands.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Nexen&tireModel=N+FERA+SUR4G

Tires have 3-4 autocross events on them and almost no street miles. Almost full tread. Paid over $600 for all four, bought late 2019.

https://adobe.ly/3CiSk2h

Wheels had some significant curb rash that I had welded up and then ground down, sanded smooth and painted with rattle cans looks good for track days but not for a show car. They are this style:

https://adobe.ly/3AmruGe

Tires were professionally mounted and balanced on the wheels, I’ve had no issues with them. Stored indoors in a climate controlled garage out of the sunlight.Only put on the car for autocross event and then take it off when I got home.

Shopping around a little bit, it looks like motorsport tires have been discontinued by most manufacturers so these things are hard to find nowadays. I’ve got over $1000 tied up in the set, but I would be willing to let the tires and wheels go for $400 plus shipping, OBO.

If there’s any serious interest I will take them out of their hiding place and take lots of pictures for the interested parties and post them on this thread. Only selling because my engine rebuild will take me out of STR and put me in SSM, in which case I need Hoosiers and I can’t really use these anymore and still be competitive.Unfortunately the Hoosiers that would work best for me are 18s so I can’t even use the wheels.

Regards,

Silber

Last edited by Silber; 09-24-2021 at 04:40 PM.
Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 02:21 PM   #2

Price drop to $500. This is a great deal for anyone with track time coming up!
Old 09-24-2021, 04:40 PM   #3

OK I’m going to drop the price to $400 there’s something else for that amount of money I want to buy so what the heck.