Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2021, 06:10 PM   #1

WTB - OEM 986 speedster humps

I’m looking for a set of OEM 986 Boxster speedster humps (not Fiberglas replicas) in good condition with hardware and storage bags. Will pay shipping.

Thanks, Fred

#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:43 PM   #2

Never mind - bought new pair

These are still available from Porsche so I bought a new pair with bags and clip through my go-to supplier.

That’s all the original accessories I wanted (OEM hard top, OEM polyurethane Aerokit I side skirts, OEM polyurethane speedster humps) for my 550SE. I’m done after I complete the rebuild and slight customization of a second pair of Litronics I bought on eBay. Just in time for spring

Rgds, Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
I’m looking for a set of OEM 986 Boxster speedster humps (not Fiberglas replicas) in good condition with hardware and storage bags. Will pay shipping.

Thanks, Fred
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Old 03-04-2021, 05:27 PM   #3

Quote:
These are still available from Porsche so I bought a new pair with bags and clip through my go-to supplier.

That’s all the original accessories I wanted (OEM hard top, OEM polyurethane Aerokit I side skirts, OEM polyurethane speedster humps) for my 550SE. I’m done after I complete the rebuild and slight customization of a second pair of Litronics I bought on eBay. Just in time for spring

Rgds, Fred
Nice move! Did you get good deal?

I’m wanting one, so I’d take over this threat, let me know if you have one up for sale!
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxstard View Post
Nice move! Did you get good deal?

I’m wanting one, so I’d take over this thread, let me know if you have one up for sale!
I paid less than list price, but still in for over $1,700 including priority shipping from Germany for the bags (the humps were in stock in the US). The 2 storage bags are insanely expensive even discounted and Porsche no longer sells the ‘kit’. You need to order three parts - 1) the humps sold in pairs, the orange safety clip and the bags sold individually (you need 2).

Best luck for your search! Aftermarket fiberglass parts are available and are somewhat less expensive but I have no idea regarding their quality, fit or finish.

I’m having these painted by the body shop I use so that will be an additional expense. Too much surface area and too prominent on the car for my hack paint work

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 03-05-2021 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-05-2021, 05:10 AM   #5
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Will sell my OEM Arctic Silver humps, the spinlocks, and the two Porsche bags for $1850 including shipping anywhere in the continental US.

Last edited by Starter986; 03-05-2021 at 05:13 AM.
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:56 AM   #6

Quote:

Rgds, Fred
Wow. Post pics of finished project!
Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 02:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi Cooper View Post
Wow. Post pics of finished project!
Will do Javi. Humps should be here Wednesday. Have some other family priorities this week so test fit and to the paint shop ASAP after these are addressed.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Will sell my OEM Arctic Silver humps, the spinlocks, and the two Porsche bags for $1850 including shipping anywhere in the continental US.
Interested, PM sent!
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:42 PM   #9

Garage
Orange Clip? Would that be the new version of the Red Clip that enables the alarm? I bought a set of the speed humps off the forum years ago. Still my favorite looking modification.
Old 03-08-2021, 03:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFeller View Post
Orange Clip? Would that be the new version of the Red Clip that enables the alarm? I bought a set of the speed humps off the forum years ago. Still my favorite looking modification.
That’s it. Orange or red mine’s going to be black shortly after I receive it IIRC the clip also disables the convertible top motor (it makes the car think the top is up and latched) so you can’t accidentally raise the top with the speed humps mounted
Old 03-08-2021, 04:52 PM   #11

Garage
I'm still looking for a set in black.

I'm considering just ordering them as it doesn't seem they come up that often.

First Boxster, not first Porsche
litesonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 05:00 AM   #12
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
IIRC the clip also disables the convertible top motor (it makes the car think the top is up and latched) so you can’t accidentally raise the top with the speed humps mounted
That and, if you've the interior motion alarm sensor, with the top down... car locked and armed, the interior is armed if anyone reaches inside.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:40 AM   #13

Humps are in and test fitted. Now off to the paint shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2021, 12:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
That and, if you've the interior motion alarm sensor, with the top down... car locked and armed, the interior is armed if anyone reaches inside.
That’s a good thing because I’m not taking these off to put the top up when heading in for a bite to eat