Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2020, 04:52 PM   #1

WTB Seat Track Hardware

If anyone has any old manual seat tracks, I am looking for some parts. I found some pictures of what I'm looking for which are below. I recently picked up a pair of used GT3 seats for my Boxster. The tracks don't have the springs (circled in red) that run on the inside of the outboard seat tracks. Although the front anchor points for the springs are on the tracks (circled in yellow), the rear anchor points (circled in green) are missing. The springs are part number 996-521-645-00 and are available new and relatively cheap, but I can't find a part number for the rear spring anchor points. I called the parts department at Sunset Porsche as they've been helpful to me in the past but they couldn't find a part number for this part either. If anyone has some old or broken seat tracks and can sell me the rear anchor hardware, or knows the part numbers, please let me know. While the seats work fine without the springs, my OCD is pushing me to see if I can add them. Thanks!

Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
I have a few stripped out seat bases. Maybe tomorrow, maybe Wednesday I'll get a look and send you a couple pics to confirm.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
I have a few stripped out seat bases. Maybe tomorrow, maybe Wednesday I'll get a look and send you a couple pics to confirm.
Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving!
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
Old 11-25-2020, 01:06 PM   #4
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
It turns out that the rear anchor points are part of the rest of the frame. Here's what it breaks down to without destroying anything:

Closer view of the anchor:

It's fairly easy to get it to that point with two screws holding it to each rail.

Do you want those, or would it be better to just have two complete seat base frames? Cost will be $40ish for two frames (shipping FedEx ground), probably free-ish if you just want the anchor with the cross-bar.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:24 PM   #5

Thank you, that explains a lot! The seats I'm trying to add the springs too are GT3 seats and and they don't have that cross bar. I bought these seats used and a previous owner must have just used Porsche sliders from standard seats, so the rear anchor isn't there.

If possible I'd like to get the cross bar pieces and the springs and I'll see how I can adapt the spring anchor to my slider. I'll send you a PM to work out the logistics. Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!