Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
TRP

SOLD -- Rear Shelf Speaker Cubby & stock 6 channel amp! - 986

Hello,

Speaker box/rear cubby $80.00 plus actual shipping.
6 channel amp - works great $75.00 plus actual shipping.

$125.00 plus shipping for the pair.

I am located in 95037 (California).

I've replaced my existing Rear Shelf Cubby with a 987 Bose unit. I no longer need my previous unit. It's carpeted in light grey carpet. It is in great shape (car only has 40k miles on it). The speaker box contains the Haes speakers (2 per side). Speakers work great.

The only negative comment I have is that the plug has been clipped. New owner will need to source a replacement.

Last edited by TRP; 06-18-2020 at 09:21 AM. Reason: SOLD.
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:15 PM   #2

Is your rear speaker shelf still for sale? If so I was wondering if that will fit in my 03 Boxster, I don’t have the Bose system, but I do have the rear shelve with a wire with a plug, are all 4 speakers combined into 1 wire that plugs into my wire plug?, not sure how it works

Thank You
Dave
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:18 PM   #3
TRP

Hello Dave! Yes the speaker box / rear cubby is still for sale. The speaker box is wired on the right side with a little plug. My plug had 4 wires, two pairs of wires twisted together for left and right channels. Do you have a 4 or 6 channel amp up in the frunk?
Old 06-11-2020, 06:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRP View Post
Hello Dave! Yes the speaker box / rear cubby is still for sale. The speaker box is wired on the right side with a little plug. My plug had 4 wires, two pairs of wires twisted together for left and right channels. Do you have a 4 or 6 channel amp up in the frunk?
I believe it is a 4 channel, I am going to hold off on your equipment, I need to dig into my system to see what exactly I want to do, I appreciate you getting back with me.

Thank You
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:59 AM   #5
TRP

No problem at all! This stuff is sitting in my garage doing nothing. I'm just trying to make some room.

I went down the rabbit hole a few month ago and upgraded my stereo 'all in'. I had to pull back a bit before I upgraded the drivers in the bose box which would have meant me updating to a slightly different amp (replacing one I had *just* purchased)... etc. etc. It can spiral pretty quickly.

That said - the rear fill was actually much better with the box I have for sale here than it was with the existing bose box. I attribute that to the fact that i had 4 full range speakers behind me and now I only have two.The other two are not 'full range' they are crossed over / cap'd electronically in the DSP to only provide low frequency.

Slippery slope!
Old 06-12-2020, 01:27 PM   #6

PM sent ... thanks.
Kni7fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 08:08 PM   #7
TRP

Replies sent.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:20 AM   #8
TRP

SOLD. Shipping tomorrow.