Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #1

WTB Brakes for 986S

Where is the best place to buy replacement brakes rotors as well as pads for my 00 boxster S. I been recommended zimmerman rotors should i buy them and where is the best prices for them? As for as pads goes, oem seems to create alot of dust, are there better ones with less dust and who has them for the best price.?

vietoriouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #2

Porsche Parts

Pelican Parts generally has the best prices that I have seen. I have a 2000 S that I am going to buy rotors and pads for soon. I am leaning toward Balo, a OEM manfacturer for Porsche, they are very reasonable in price. You will need to paint the hats and vent fans with a high temp paint. But for all 4, about $250 compared to $500 and up is not bad. I am looking at PosiQuite Pads. Semi-metallic, low dust. Padgett and Textar are the mot common pads used on the Boxster. Also, check with the guys who run this site, they usually are very fair too.
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #3

Zimmermans are indeed good. You can usually find zimmerman resellers on eBay that will cadmium plate them for you and that will really help with rust and you don't have to paint the hats.

I put on Zimmerman cross-drilled like an S model and Pagid pads and like the set up a lot. Those Balo's are certainly priced right though!

BTW, buy some stainless steel brake lines and swap yours out when you do the discs and go with super blue racing fluid. You'll love the firm pedal and better braking this combination provides.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote