Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2018, 06:01 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendy996 View Post
Someone wanted to return something that I told him to do but received my new exhaust back powder coated.
So why did you offer a return to him and not me?

titaniumdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:12 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumdave View Post
So why did you offer a return to him and not me?
He knew you would accept. 🙄
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:08 PM   #43

Wow... So clearly gunked up, not even the brand listed, AND not adjustable as described. Call it misinformed seller, but in this case, there really is no solution IMO other than a take back and refund. If it were me... I would. Just not a great sale in any way. No reason Ti-D should have to chase this one down.
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:14 AM   #44

Bc your item was described. AS I SAID. I didn’t except his return bc he powdercoated the brand new exhaust right over the laser etched logos at that.

Um all coilovers are adjustable......Did I really need to spell that out for you?

BTW FABSPEED EXHAUST SOLD!

Last edited by Trendy996; 02-22-2018 at 02:16 AM.
Trendy996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendy996 View Post
Um all coilovers are adjustable......Did I really need to spell that out for you?
Not for damping which you said these are...um
Old 02-22-2018, 08:38 AM   #46

...pic of the 'Koni' coilover
Old 02-22-2018, 09:31 AM   #47

Seller lists $2000 coils for $500. First warning. Seller lists condition as unknown so AS-IS. Second warning. Buyer decides to send funds fraudulently to cheat PayPal from their 2% fee. 3rd warning!!!

I don’t blame the seller one bit. These coil overs are from from cheap. Used of course may inhibit some issues but what did you expect from ‘condition unknown ‘ coil overs for a Porsche? Oem used shocks and struts are selling for $500+.

Caveat Emptoir!
GTA_G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:18 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA_G20 View Post
Seller lists $2000 coils for $500. First warning. Seller lists condition as unknown so AS-IS. Second warning. Buyer decides to send funds fraudulently to cheat PayPal from their 2% fee. 3rd warning!!!

I don’t blame the seller one bit. These coil overs are from from cheap. Used of course may inhibit some issues but what did you expect from ‘condition unknown ‘ coil overs for a Porsche? Oem used shocks and struts are selling for $500+.

Caveat Emptoir!
👆 must be a relative of Trendy's 🙄
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #49

Lol. Far from. I'm a person who almost always purchases things as is from online ads. Usually I buy locally so I can see with my own eyes. So when purchasing stuff sight unseen....I'll always ask for tons of pics and do my due diligence before forking out my hard earned money.

I read the thread. I empathize but don't sympathize
Old 02-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #50

Quote:
So when purchasing stuff sight unseen....I'll always ask for tons of pics and do my due diligence before forking out my hard earned money.
I did, pics were sent, conversations were had, texts were exchanged. I have pics of the 3 usable coilovers...the rusted/ruined one was omitted. Bad on me for not asking "Am I being ripped off, will you be sending me a box of junk parts?"
Old 02-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #51

Quote:

Caveat Emptoir!
I guess I will re-sell these and feel good about it! Thanks for the support and understanding. I still have not 'used them' so I also have complete deniability.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:14 AM   #52

On the good side, I finally got a hold of a guy at Sachs US in the service department. Not an easy person to find. They are checking to see if there are parts available to fix these. They appear to be non adjustable units(not the adjustable dampers trendy told me they are...). If they are the base level, non adjustable units, there are no parts and I bought a box of junk.

Either way, this will end...
Old 02-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #53

I hear ya. Even at $500 I’m considering buying them off you to be honest.... I’ll let you know what I decide
Old 02-22-2018, 06:08 PM   #54

You seriously take every single thing and twist it to make you feel like I’ve lied to you about everything. You asked originally if they were adjustable for the dampeners. I replied I wasn’t sure but said they might be from the adjuster bolts on them. I also told you again I can’t verify that as I never installed them and tried the adjustment. I gave you every answer you asked but yet it must have never sank in enough for you to understand bc you’re still here twisting everything into false context.
Trendy996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:41 AM   #55

Quote:
I hear ya. Even at $500 I’m considering buying them off you to be honest.... I’ll let you know what I decide
Let me know, lots of good part if you already have the system. Springs, tenders, spring adapters, adjusters...one strut is frozen for sure and it looks like there are no parts for repair.