Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2018, 08:03 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendy996 View Post
I clearly listed them with a warning. At the time they left me they did not appear that way. Not sure how I could have been anymore clear.
Clear would have been listing 3 coilovers for sale, not 4. Or listed as parts.

titaniumdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:13 AM   #22

Quote:
One 3text succession, one phone call, one pm in 24 hrs. No need to make it like you continued to do so. You must need glasses as well since you clearly didn’t read my response. We are different people. I don’t leave aggressive first time voicemails. Probably a reason I didn’t respond so fast.
So, at least you did get all of my messages. It would have been helpful to have you respond to ANY of them rather than waiting over a week and only chiming in on this thread. Here is how things went down:

I paid on Jan 10th.

You said you would ship ASAP. No tracking sent.

I text you on Jan 17th to ask for the tracking info, you printed the shipping label that day.

Parts arrived Jan 30 and I sent you a text with pic, left a VM. Sent PM, sent email...

Posted Jan 31 on this thread since you would not respond to other attempts for contact.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Nothing was misleading. I sold these at half of what I paid bc I didn’t know their condition from not installing them.
I see, you cut the price in half because you are a super nice guy, not because you knew there was a problem.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:19 AM   #24

Quote:
We are different people. .
I try to think what this would feel like on the receiving end, that is how we are different.

If you got a box of parts, they only shipped after you had to bug the seller, when you opened the poorly wrapped box that had parts poking out and one of the parts is leaking oil enough to stain the box...how would you respond?
Old 02-09-2018, 11:26 AM   #25

Just me, but I'd say trendy should take the parts back (obviously with refund) and shipping back and forth should be on titanium dave.
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:20 AM   #26

I'm interested in your Fabspeed exhaust.

Is it just the mufflers or does it include the inlet pipes/mid-pipes too?

Also given the chatter on this post how is the condition? Did you have it installed and using it on your car? Any rusts, dents, leaks, or other damage???
Edmtwentyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:53 AM   #27

Interesting thread on the 996 forum:

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-marketplace/1049943-buyer-beware-of-trendy996.html
Old 02-16-2018, 09:09 AM   #28

Thanks for sharing...definitely will NOT be buying from him.
Edmtwentyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #29

Garage
dang.... I'm a little worried now.

I purchased his custom intake setup using a 997 IPD plenum/ 997 Throttle Body. I haven't got the chance to install it yet, but he claims it's just a drop in upgrade.

Hope all will be fine, buying used parts has never been an issue for me.

Randy
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:33 PM   #30

Where is the "eating popcorn" imogi?
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #31

I see a name change coming.
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #32

I sent you plenty of pictures of it installed on the car so you know it fits. I won’t be changing my name for anyone wondering.
Trendy996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:36 AM   #33

Quote:
I won’t be changing my name for anyone wondering.
With your proud reputation and stellar history, why would you? Keep on keepin' on!
Old 02-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #34
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumdave View Post
With your proud reputation and stellar history, why would you? Keep on keepin' on!::
He actually does have a very good reputation here and on other forums. Your experience seems to be a fluke. I think keeping things civil (both of you) would yield better results.
In the future, pay the PayPal fees. Trying to save a few dollars will come back to bite you sooner or later.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:09 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
He actually does have a very good reputation here and on other forums. Your experience seems to be a fluke.
Just a drag he won't stand behind what he has sold, or respond to voice mails, or respond to text, or respond to messages, or respond to emails...this post was the last resort to get a response. Glad this is a fluke, I never like to air my dirty laundry in public but when the seller won't answer I don't know what else to do but warn others. This may be a fluke for this forum, ALL of my dealings with trendy have been bad, product misrepresented and no follow up communication once payment was made. Cavaet emptor...

Another fluke:https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-marketplace/1049943-buyer-beware-of-trendy996.html
Old 02-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #36

Titaniumdave,

I live about 7 miles from KONI NA headquarters.

If there is anything I can do to help, I’d be glad to.
L1ttleBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:45 PM   #37

Quit using plural tense like you try to continue to contact me. I stand behind what I describe. They didn’t leave my hands looking like that that’s for sure. If I was selling coilovers I got to run on the car before I sold it they would have been 1500. Instead I mentioned that and the fact I couldn’t contest to their condition. Not sure what other details I needed to add.
You can read that link as well. Someone wanted to return something that I told him to do but received my new exhaust back powder coated. Bc you have someone acting like a kid in a grown mans body adds to a point?

Last edited by Trendy996; 02-21-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Trendy996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:48 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1ttleBastard View Post
Titaniumdave,

I live about 7 miles from KONI NA headquarters.

If there is anything I can do to help, I’d be glad to.
Thanks for the offer, it turns out these are not Koni coilovers, they were made by Sachs. Not sure there is a reason to do anything with these, trendy said they are adjustable for damping but the 'adjusters' he said he could turn appear to be fixed bolts, that do not move...just another lie. I did find a Sachs rebuilder and will call them tomorrow...sigh...
Old 02-21-2018, 05:53 PM   #39

Quote:
Quit using plural tense like you try to continue to contact me. I stand behind what I describe. They didn’t leave my hands looking like that that’s for sure. If I was selling coilovers I got to run on the car before I sold it they would have been 1500. Instead I mentioned that and the fact I couldn’t contest to their condition. Not sure what other details I needed to add.
Needed to add pics showing the mess you sent me...these did not rust in shipping. You said there are adjusters you turned, none of the bolts turn. Contact me off this thread if you want to stand behind these...you have yet to make any contact with me and you have all my information.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #40

Quote:
Bc you have someone acting like a kid in a grown mans body adds to a point?
Hmmmm, hello kettle...