Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #1

Complete factory Bose system upgrade

Complete Bose factory system that will easily swap with an existing CDR-24 MOST system with front power amp (Option 490 HI-FI Sound (Digital)).

The carpet is lifting a bit on the back of the sub and the connecting clips on the dash speakers were snipped by an installer who did an upgrade for me. Otherwise fully functional and working.

Includes
  • Dash speakers (minus the connector)
  • Door speakers with larger enclosures - these are bigger than the stock ones but it fits with no modification.
  • Rear sub deck
  • Amp
  • Harnesses tails and connectors needed to swap with existing amp.

The upgrade is pretty simple:
  • Swap the speakers - plug and play - no modifications necessary other than you may want to use the clip from the existing dash speakers.
  • Run 4 wires to the front amp for the sub woofer (back harness included)
  • Swap the amp in the frunk. No mods needed.
  • Cut the existing clip/harness and swap in the included one. Wires are a color match.
  • Plug it all in and rock.

Total time spent was probably 5 hours to do the conversion - most of that being very careful with the door speaker swap since it was the first time I was in there. I also spent the time to solder and heat shrink the splices, but any mechanical wire splice will work.

$350 plus actual shipping to the lower 48 or local pickup from the Salt Lake City area. I am guessing around 30-40 for shipping since the sub and door speakers are pretty large.

Last edited by littlewiggler; 11-19-2017 at 09:06 AM.
littlewiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:40 AM   #2

Bump - still available.

littlewiggler is offline   Reply With Quote