Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2017, 09:41 AM   #1

WTB: Wheel Emblem Badge

I am missing a wheel emblem. Looking for replacement emblems, would take 4 so they all match.

ExplorerLyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:51 AM   #2

Me too.
Some years back, I bought off ebay a set of 4 plastic ones that looked good, fit perfectly in the wheel centers, and were inexpensive. Mine are finally getting cloudy, and I thought I would replace them. But...
These are apparently no longer available, unless someone else knows where to find them.
So I bought the metal ones, which are ok, but lack the smooth thick clear protective layer over the top, which means it will be a PIA to clean the brake dust out of all that detailing in the metal badge.

Sure wish Fred had something more flush than his centerlock style to offer, as I am sure it would be better looking and better made than oem, but he doesn't seem inspired in this direction.

And again paying >$200 for oem plastic that only looks decent for a few years seems a sucker bet, even though I prefer the oem look.

Anyone got anything lately that they are proud of and wulling to share?
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:05 PM   #3

I bought one metal crest knock off from e-bay for about $20, shipped from Hong Kong. It looks nice, but is much thicker than than original so the edges stick out from the recesses of the cap. If I cannot find originals, I will order 3 more as it is better than nothing.
ExplorerLyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:01 AM   #4

You're looking for center caps, like these?? I have 6 of them, let me know how many you want and make me an offer I can't refuse...

Spec Boxster #714
PGas32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:46 AM   #5
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
All 4 for $40 shipped or singles for $12.50 each.
Removed from part no. 993.361.303.10
Originally posted here: OEM Center Caps With Metal Crest

I removed the crests from the center caps a couple weeks ago when I realized they were loose. Plan to list them on eBay soon if not sold here.

Last edited by 78F350; 07-01-2017 at 07:48 AM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:06 AM   #6
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
...or just $5 if you just want the correct size piece of metal to glue back in the cap. A bit of dent and chip, but if you are handy with nail polish, could be good as new with a little work.