Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2017, 06:13 PM   #1

WTB Power Seat Connector

Well, I'm back in the hunt for a power seat connector. Woody had one and shipped it promptly to me, but the USPS hasn't delivered. I put in a trace, but I don't have a lot of confidence that they will find it. I'll give them a couple of days, but in the interim I would be interested in seeing if anyone else has one for sale.

I managed to find a 12-way power seat in reasonably good condition at a fair price. In order to install it in the most reliable way possible, I'm looking for a connector. If possible, I'd like a couple of inches of the wiring attached to the connector so I can solder easily. Here are a couple of pictures:

They may be in other parts of the car, but the most likely source would be the wiring harness from an 8 or 12-way power seat.

Please let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks,

Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:54 AM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
My 2000 S has an unused bundle of wires under the driver's seat. I expect that it includes what you want. It's also possible that I have the connectors you need from one of the Audis I have scrapped.
Here's pics of what my 2000 S has:

Old 06-25-2017, 06:00 PM   #3

The black and blue connector is what I need. The long white connector with about 32 pins is for the memory seat.

I'll send you a PM in a minute.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
Old 06-28-2017, 06:02 AM   #4
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Payment received. 18" of the harness included. You should have the tracking number email from PayPal.
Thanks and good luck with it.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:55 AM   #5

As luck would have it, Woody's package showed up the day after I completed the deal with 78F350. I now have two of these connectors. The term feast or famine comes to mind. While I'm out $10 that I didn't need to spend, as Woody put it, that's pretty cheap in Porsche terms.

If anyone needs one of these, I'll sell it to you for the same $10 I paid for it.

Also, if anyone ever has a problem with the Richmond, VA post office, I have the name and phone number of a dedicated employee who knows which buttons to push to find a lost package. I guess it's like any large organization, you need to be persistent until you find a person who cares.