Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2015, 06:30 AM   #1

WTB - Cup Holder Trim

My cup holder trim is broken and I'm looking for the clip on trim to replace it.

Anyone have one or know where I can source one?

shipped to 47150

Thanks!

DW

tehward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #2

Send a PM to Woody and see if he has one or can keep an eye out for one for you.

His screen name is "itsnotanova"
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:57 PM   #3

Thanks Randall, but I don't have any of that style right now. Too bad you don't have the other style, because I have two nice one's.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:35 AM   #4

What do you need, just the front piece with the picture of the cup on the right side? It's hard to see what's wrong with yours in the picture. I feel your pain though! The little half-circle things that compensate for cup diameter in the first hole broke off the cupholder in my 2003. I bought a used unit and installed it myself, which took a whole afternoon for me. Had to take off the center stack surround horseshoe, disconnect all the switches, pull out the center air vent unit and the climate control panel. Since then I never use that cupholder anymore. I bought a cupholder insert that goes under the armrest in the storage compartment - not great but it works in a pinch and there are no complicated parts to break with it. You need part number 9965521830201C, which is the whole cupholder unit. Unfortunately new it is over $300! There is one used one on eBay right now in Germany but it is 131 Euros plus shipping - Top Orig Porsche 911 996 Getränke Halter in Schwarz Mehr Teile www Teile Com | eBay
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:08 AM   #5

Thanks PaulE for the info!

I'm not in a hurry for it...it's just something I'd like to get fixed. I have seen in the past, dash kits that come with this piece but they are usually carbon fiber or something else.

That pic is not of mine. I didn't have a pic of mine at the time.

Here is what mine looks like.

Last edited by tehward; 10-14-2015 at 07:12 AM.
tehward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:48 AM   #6

My pleasure

I guess I'm a hoarder, holding on to my broken cupholder unit in case I need any of the pieces from it to fix mine, but it looks like there are 2 or 3 small Phillips or Torx screws in the underside of that piece that will allow it to be removed without doing all the surgery I had to do. Keep searching eBay, the forums and places like DCAutomotive, even Google using the part number and you'll eventually find it. These cupholders were only used on Boxsters in 2003-2004, but they were on the 996 a year or two earlier through 2005, so they are out there.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #7

My trim piece broke off the other day. So far I can only find whole unit for $300+. It would be nice to find a replacement for just the trim piece. I might contact some local "recyclers" to see if they have any 986/996s on the yard.
tamarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:15 PM   #8

Mine was broken too in exactly the same way and then I sent it off to MAcarbon to "fix" it. Looks great in carbon fiber now.

coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote