Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #1

For sale: 18" Cayman Replica wheels and lightly used Hankook RS-3 in 987ish sizes

I got these wheels tires earlier this year planning to use them for track days this year, but when I went to mount them the fronts are too tall and they contacted the lower spring perch. See this thread:

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/55607-18x8-et-57-245-40-18-18x9-et-43-285-35-18-will-i-need-spacers.html

Since the tires don't fit I am trying to figure out what to do with them.

The wheels are 18x8 ET57 and 18x9 ET43 and the tires are 245/40/18 and 285/35/18. They are Hankook RS-3 (late 2013 production) with around 50 autocross runs on them. I bought them from a gentleman that ran them during the 2014 autocross season and placed midpack in the nationals with a Cayman.

Note that 987 run a slightly taller tire than 986, for example here are the front sizes for stock 986, stock 987, and the fronts from this set:

Stock 986 Boxster front - 205/50/17 - diameter 25.1" (from Miata.net tire size calculator)
Stock 987 Cayman front - 235/40-18 - diameter 25.4" (I have heard this fits on a 986 but it is tight)
This larger front size - 245/40-18 - diameter 25.7" (too tall for 986 fronts)

That extra 1/2" inch in the front was what was rubbing.

Right now the tires are mounted and balanced, and I am going to Sebring this weekend; on the long chance that somebody wanted them I could bring them down and save on some shipping (around $125 freight east coast, higher west coast)

Otherwise I may unmount the tires, and try to sell them separately. I am unsure about the wheels as I have always loved the Cayman S wheel - I may keep them but I just got a new set of street tires in 17 sizes, dang it.

Right now the fronts of the wheels are painted black, in Rustoleum satin black, and they are so-so, one of the wheels has a pretty decent scratch. I may fix it, and I will try to get some updated photos on here, but this photo is typical of the wheels:

Any interest in the mounted set, or the wheels or tires separately? Hit me up with a PM.

I will get some more photos and see if I can get some more details on who makes these wheels, I think they are Italian.

Steve

steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote