Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2015, 06:38 PM   #1
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
CDR 220 and Center Cup Holder

***EDIT: Cup Holder and Radio are sold. Much of the car still remains. I will post another thread later, but meanwhile feel free to ask if you need something. I'm willing to sell and odd bolt or electrical connector etc for a couple $$ above postage.***

I am starting to figure out what I want to part with from my 01 base parts car.

Here's the radio and OEM cup holder:

Both are in very good working condition.

The only real deficiency of the CDR 220 is that the volume and tuner knobs are a little soft - that seems to be very common on these. I have the code. On eBay they are selling at over $200. How about $100 with free U.S. shipping?

The cup holder fit in the center dash above the radio. Part number: 996.552.351.00. It was a little sticky, but hot water took care of that. I'd still like to keep it, but not sure how I'd arrange my center dash to make it work on either of my cars. Save me the trouble. $80 shipped to a U.S. address.

Becker CDR 220

**deleted pics**
Cup Holder

**deleted pics**

I still have lots of car left. Not available: engine, top, center console, hood, seats, rear bumper cover. Need anything? Maybe I have it. Located in northeast Oklahoma.

Last edited by 78F350; 03-02-2015 at 05:39 PM. Reason: price change
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #2

When you say Northeast Oklahoma where at? I am needing the passenger headlight and possibly some other things. I could make the drive from OKC. You can PM me if you want.
antny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:24 PM   #3

Garage
antny, Here are the headlight pics:

Burn and a little bit of cracking in the lens:

As I said in the pm, it was sticking when I tried to pull it out. I think that the fog light wiring may have been jammed in the tray. Note the chafed insulation:

If you want to come out and "pick" the car, that's fine as long as we can work out a convenient time and you bring your Boxster for me to check out.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:02 PM   #4

I' interested in the cup holders. Need to check where it's going to fit in.....
jim_hoyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:27 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_hoyland View Post
I' interested in the cup holders. Need to check where it's going to fit in.....
Jim, I didn't think to take a good picture before I took it out, but here's a shot of the interior from when I bought it. Original placement was just below the center vent:
Old 03-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #6

Good Pic; Currently my set up is ( top to bottom ) Vent, Air/Heat, Radio, *CD Holder*, Cubby. My thought is to dump the CD Holder and move the Air/ Heat into the old CD Holder Slot; then install a cup holder under the vent like yours.

I am not familiar with the mechanisms that hold the cup holders, air/heat, and CD holder. Can the air/heat be moved directly to the CD Holder slot with out further modification or use of additional parts ? And is the cup holder unit a direct fit into the old Air/Heat slot ?

I want to be know what I'm getting into before I commit. With limited experience small changes can be a challenge.....but I'm willing to try.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #7

Here,s my pic:
Old 03-01-2015, 01:30 PM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Good Pic; Currently my set up is ( top to bottom ) Vent, Air/Heat, Radio, *CD Holder*, Cubby. My thought is to dump the CD Holder and move the Air/ Heat into the old CD Holder Slot; then install a cup holder under the vent like yours.

I am not familiar with the mechanisms that hold the cup holders, air/heat, and CD holder. Can the air/heat be moved directly to the CD Holder slot with out further modification or use of additional parts ? And is the cup holder unit a direct fit into the old Air/Heat slot ?

I want to be know what I'm getting into before I commit. With limited experience small changes can be a challenge.....but I'm willing to try.
In the middle of this thread: relocating the climate control There is a post from clickman that says "...the only things required to mount the HVAC controls in the bottom position are two screws and the outside trim piece. "

I can include that trim piece if you need it. The car is covered and the cover has 1" thick ice at the moment. I'll get a look at the trim piece tomorrow, see how it all installs, and get some pictures.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #9

Read it over; sounds like the trim pieces would be my issue.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Read it over; sounds like the trim pieces would be my issue.
Jim, It looks like without cutting stuff up, the climate control only fits in the upper most, or lower most slot. Here's what I'd like to do: For the $80 (unless you want to pay more) you get the cup holder, climate control trim piece, lower console cubby, and two OEM Porsche screws. "If you act now" I'll even throw in the plastic trim removal tool (a $.99 value) absolutely FREE! Hurry while supplies last.

I took enough pics for a lower console DIY, then realized it's all covered by the 100 or so "console delete" & "GT3 upgrade" threads. Here's the Pelican DIY: Pelican Technical Article: Boxster GT3 Center Console Uprade - 986 Boxster (1997-04) -

Last edited by 78F350; 03-02-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:39 AM   #11

Garage
antny, Here's the bottom of that seat:

Old 03-02-2015, 12:12 PM   #12

Thank bud. I just need the piston since mine is stuck solid. To answer Jim's question about the cupholders. It will only fit in the slot where the original HVAC controls went. The HVAC controls will have to go into the bottom most slot closest to the shifter. The support plastic pieces only have slots to screw those in in the original slot and the bottom slot. I just did the relocation not too long ago. I wished these would have been for sale just a month ago. I paid over 100 for the cupholders new then I had to buy the trim piece for the lower HVAC controls.

Do you have a HVAC control panel that works 100% I have some dead pixels which I think it is causing my vent controls not to work 100%. My center vents are always blowing no matter what setting it is on.

Last edited by antny; 03-02-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by antny View Post
... Do you have a HVAC control panel that works 100% I have some dead pixels which I think it is causing my vent controls not to work 100%. My center vents are always blowing no matter what setting it is on.
I have it, but it's untested and I know there are at least two versions. Bring your car and a briefcase full of cash. I have tools, we can make this work.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:50 PM   #14

HAHA I will bring some tools. You don't have to pull everything off. I dont mind getting my hand dirty.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
Jim, It looks like without cutting stuff up, the climate control only fits in the upper most, or lower most slot. Here's what I'd like to do: For the $80 (unless you want to pay more) you get the cup holder, climate control trim piece, lower console cubby, and two OEM Porsche screws. "If you act now" I'll even throw in the plastic trim removal tool (a $.99 value) absolutely FREE! Hurry while supplies last.

I took enough pics for a lower console DIY, then realized it's all covered by the 100 or so "console delete" & "GT3 upgrade" threads. Here's the Pelican DIY: Pelican Technical Article: Boxster GT3 Center Console Uprade - 986 Boxster (1997-04) -
PM Sent. I'll buy it.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #16

78F350, Sent you a PM.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:25 AM   #17

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
78F350, Sent you a PM.
Here are the pictures:

Old 03-03-2015, 05:44 AM   #18
Luckyed

Garage
Do you have an ashtray insert?
Old 03-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #19

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyed View Post
Do you have an ashtray insert?
This?:

It has some finish scratches, but is otherwise in excellent health. $50 shipped US. Pm me if you want it. Can you believe they run $100 on eBay? It's just an ashtray...
Old 03-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #20

Garage
'G-man', who claims to be the true owner of the parts car is starting to get a little upset.
I am posting my dog at the bedroom door tonight while I sleep...

If I don't reply to pm's It was probably foul-play.