Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2014, 06:31 AM   #1

Garage
Guage Cluster for parts

I have a gauge cluster for a 1st gen Boxster for parts. I bought this for the chrome trim rings to put on my 99. The center LCD screen is damaged and when I plugged the cluster into my car the gauges didn't work. I have no need for this and its taking up space. It is yours free just pay for shipping. I live in RI if anyone wants it and would rather come get it. I also work in Westboro Mass in case someone wants to meet me to get it.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Mike,

Is the clock/oil gauge lcd ok? I could really use one and would pass the cluster along to the next guy after doing the swap, along with my other spare parts gauge cluster (it has bad lcd's, also).

PM sent
Old 12-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #3

I just need the connectors that plug into the back. Would you sell those separately?
bwillia080261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillia080261 View Post
I just need the connectors that plug into the back. Would you sell those separately?
What year? Is yours the pre-facelift model as seen above? The connectors are different on the post-facelift models with the large LCD computer readout center screen.

If yours is pre-facelift, I have some...PM me your shipping info and I'll pull them for you tonight

Edit: I see you have an '01. The female sockets for both models look the same visually (except for color), but I can't confirm that they are actually the same.

Last edited by particlewave; 12-29-2014 at 02:02 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #5

If the white gauge face will work in my 99 base, I will happily take that off your hands.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #6

Garage
I am interested in looking at the internals. The speaker/buzzer inside mine appears to have failed. I have been wanting to a cluster open to figure out if the speaker/buzzer can be replaced.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:29 AM   #7

Garage
Ok I answered all inquires in the order they were received.

Particlewave gets the printed circuit board, the middle item in my pictures. its flat and so the shipping will be around $13 but will let you know for sure.

Hogosha gets the guage faces piece the part on the far left in the picture. because the little adjustment rods for clock and odometer stick out its wider than the other piece and so shipping will be around $18 but will let you know for sure later in the week.

bwillia gets the plugs but has to give me his mailing address.

I plan on going to USPS this week and will let you know shipping costs. I use the if it fits it ships cause the boxes are readily available. Please let me know ASAP if you no longer want these items.