Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #1

Wanted: Catalytic Converters for 2002 2.7L

If anyone that has done an exhaust upgrade or cat bypass has their stock cats sitting around looking for a new home...I would appreciate a PM with how much you want for them. I have a 2002 2.7L w/ 5 speed that has the most annoying rattle ever. I think it is coming from one of the cats because there is nothing else left!!! So consider your old, used parts as part of a mercy mission because it will restore my sanity!!!

Thanks,

Scott Vickery
Jacksonville, FL

sdkkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:25 PM   #2

****************..I thought I was the only one with this annoying problem. I cannot understand how a 4 yr car will have this cat problem. I have already verified with my mecahnic friend my cat has gone south and I only had 46k on my car.
kcphuah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:54 AM   #3

I have some stock cats from my 2000 boxster S if you guys want just email me.
l8braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:24 AM   #4

If it is the cat causing the problem, you may want to look at your federal emissions warranty.

I recently had mine replaced on an 01 s with 45k miles. My dealer wasn't upfront about the coverage. I had to show him page 1 of the warranty manual that came with the car. I think coverage is 8yrs/80k miles. Page 15-19 tells you what is covered.

They might not cover it if you have other engine mods, but it is worth a trip to find out. If I remember right, cats were not a cheap repair. Then again, what is at a porsche dealership?
indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to erik@cargraphic
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkkv
If anyone that has done an exhaust upgrade or cat bypass has their stock cats sitting around looking for a new home...I would appreciate a PM with how much you want for them. I have a 2002 2.7L w/ 5 speed that has the most annoying rattle ever. I think it is coming from one of the cats because there is nothing else left!!! So consider your old, used parts as part of a mercy mission because it will restore my sanity!!!

Thanks,

Scott Vickery
Jacksonville, FL
I have a set of leftover 100 cell high flow cats. Brand new. They retail for 1481.00 I can sell them for 700.00
email me if you are interested.
erik@cargraphicusa.com

All the best
Erik

erik@cargraphic is offline   Reply With Quote