Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2016, 03:25 PM   #821

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Sorry for taking so long to get back. I was at the races all weekend. I have what you're looking for but my minimum is $20 shipped.
I am checking with Porsche Parts dealer by where I work on cost / availability of part thru them and will get back to you if I still want to get one from you. Thanks

soxfan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:37 AM   #822

Hi Woody. I am looking for a complete dashboard for a 2001 in Graphite Grey. I would prefer leather but will take vinyl if it is in good shape. Let me know what you have.

Thanks, John
Old 05-11-2016, 09:44 AM   #823

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan1966 View Post
I am checking with Porsche Parts dealer by where I work on cost / availability of part thru them and will get back to you if I still want to get one from you. Thanks
I haven't heard back from the Porsche Parts near me since yesterday (they originally mis-identified the part I was looking for).

So if you have one available, can you let me know what it would cost with shipping please. And for clarification, here is a picture of the part I am looking for:

Old 05-11-2016, 01:39 PM   #824

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc763 View Post
Hi Woody. I am looking for a complete dashboard for a 2001 in Graphite Grey. I would prefer leather but will take vinyl if it is in good shape. Let me know what you have.

Thanks, John
Have you been talking to Adam Jaspers at Rennstall? He asked if I had one a few days ago. I have a grey leather dash but it's curling up on the front edge. I have a few grey vinyl and one red leather dash for $150 each plus shipping. I'm thinking it was me, I'd take your dash out and bring it to your local upholster to see if they can put some fresh leather on it. Or you could take the easy way out and throw a dash cover on it
Quote:
I haven't heard back from the Porsche Parts near me since yesterday (they originally mis-identified the part I was looking for).

So if you have one available, can you let me know what it would cost with shipping please. And for clarification, here is a picture of the part I am looking for:

That's what I have but the plastic sheathing has cracked on the wires and you'll need to tape/heat shrink the bare wires or better yet solder in some new wires. You'll be hard pressed to find that light socket used and the wires aren't in need of repair.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #825

Quote:
Have you been talking to Adam Jaspers at Rennstall? He asked if I had one a few days ago. I have a grey leather dash but it's curling up on the front edge. I have a few grey vinyl and one red leather dash for $150 each plus shipping. I'm thinking it was me, I'd take your dash out and bring it to your local upholster to see if they can put some fresh leather on it. Or you could take the easy way out and throw a dash cover on it
Yes, I have been talking to Adam. I was unsure if he was looking around or not so it is good to see that he is. He recommended that I get another dash and just swap it. I don't want to have the same problem again of course!

I will leave it to Adam at this point.

Thanks for the response.

John
Old 05-11-2016, 09:19 PM   #826
Okinawa986

Hello, do you have your vehicle inventory list or pics posted somewhere?
Looking to replace center and door arm rests, door and center console trim on my 2000 Boxster S.
Also need a key, plastic pieces that hold the key fob.
Do you have pics of those parts in very good to excellent condition?
Thank you.
Respectfully,
Mitchell
DRGETZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:01 AM   #827

Woody, as one of the resident forum experts on the differences between various 986 models, is there any reason the black hood cowl trim piece (just below windshield) from an early model 97-2000 couldn't be fitted to a later 2001-2004 model.
I ask b/c you commented on the increased longevity of the earlier version.
I have already replaced the one on my 2001 once, and at 2 yrs age it is already faded terribly, and never seemed to lie perfectly flat anyway.
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:07 AM   #828

Quote:
That's what I have but the plastic sheathing has cracked on the wires and you'll need to tape/heat shrink the bare wires or better yet solder in some new wires. You'll be hard pressed to find that light socket used and the wires aren't in need of repair.
The part I broke is the clip that plugs into the headlight, so if I can use the socket / wires I already have in some fashion and replace the clip that will work for me.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:47 AM   #829

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
Woody, as one of the resident forum experts on the differences between various 986 models, is there any reason the black hood cowl trim piece (just below windshield) from an early model 97-2000 couldn't be fitted to a later 2001-2004 model.
I ask b/c you commented on the increased longevity of the earlier version.
I have already replaced the one on my 2001 once, and at 2 yrs age it is already faded terribly, and never seemed to lie perfectly flat anyway.
I looked into what it would take to put a 97-00 cowl trim on a 01-04 boxster and from what I remember it didn't look that difficult. The mounting studs are in different locations and you would have to do some minor fabricating. I was thinking all it would take was drilling & tapping two new holes. Or you could try and weld on two studs. It should go right on once you get that done. If this is something you're going to do, I'll take some more detailed pics and share.
Quote:
The part I broke is the clip that plugs into the headlight, so if I can use the socket / wires I already have in some fashion and replace the clip that will work for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGETZ View Post
Hello, do you have your vehicle inventory list or pics posted somewhere?
Looking to replace center and door arm rests, door and center console trim on my 2000 Boxster S.
Also need a key, plastic pieces that hold the key fob.
Do you have pics of those parts in very good to excellent condition?
Thank you.
Respectfully,
Mitchell
PM sent
Old 05-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #830

For a 98 986

I need front struts in good shape and 2 o2 sensors!

Last edited by Goodbiketime; 05-13-2016 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Forgot model
Goodbiketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:43 PM   #831

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbiketime View Post
I need front struts in good shape and 2 o2 sensors!
I have two pairs off a tiptronic, both with 65k for $50 each. I also have a complete set off a 6 speed 2000 S with 52K for $300. I have a few O2's for $20 each
Old 05-13-2016, 05:42 PM   #832

Do you have the axles off that 2000S or are they long gone? Last time we chatted you didn't have any S axles.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:53 PM   #833

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Do you have the axles off that 2000S or are they long gone? Last time we chatted you didn't have any S axles.
Sorry Steve, but those struts are off my box after switching to coilivers. I haven't gotten an S in a long time.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:59 PM   #834

Need turn signal stalk assembly

Hi, have you got a 3-stalk column switch assembly? With OBC and without Cruise Control. Thanks.

Note: my car is RHD. I hope the part is identical to LHD's.
ripratama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 12:25 AM   #835

Hi Woody,

Looking for a small part. This is the clip that is attached to an elastic strap that is a part of the inner top liner. I broke one of them so looking for only one.

Thanks, Mark

mark near chciago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:04 PM   #836

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripratama View Post
Hi, have you got a 3-stalk column switch assembly? With OBC and without Cruise Control. Thanks.

Note: my car is RHD. I hope the part is identical to LHD's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark near chciago View Post
Hi Woody,

Looking for a small part. This is the clip that is attached to an elastic strap that is a part of the inner top liner. I broke one of them so looking for only one.

Thanks, Mark

Sorry guys I don't have either right now but I'm hoping to have two boxsters come in this week.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:47 AM   #837

Garage
Hey Woody,

Looking for a visor mirror cover, would you possibly have one?

thanks in advance,
Randy
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:11 AM   #838

Hi Randy,
Every once in awhile I get a box come in with a good driver's mirror cover. Most of the time the cover's missing and half the time the right side is too. You're probably going to have to buy a new cover. They're not that expensive but they are missing the "WARNING" sticker. I haven't had much luck getting any Porsches in lately. Prices at the auction have been stupid high for the last two months for 986s and 996s. Good news is that 987 prices are starting to coming down quite a bit. I picked this one up this week from a private seller. It's in rough shape with burn headlights and no wind diffusors. 98 tip with unknown mileage.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:26 AM   #839

Garage
Woody; What shape is that front bumper cover in?
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:32 AM   #840

It's in great shape but I don't ship large body parts at this time. Sorry