Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #1

Exclamation New Parting Out Guards Red 99 triptronic 76k Ohio

After some discussion in the general section to keep my boxster after an accident it is now in my possession and I've already started to take it apart. You guys get first dibs and discount before I ebay the popular parts

Pictures are the damage, hit front right.
Items not good are, front right radiator, windshield, passenger outter door, top has cloudy plastic, sun visors have broken doors/covers, air bags, and lower control arms on right side due to idiot tow truck driver.

Everything works fine, I actually drove it off the trailer, and all convertible top and interior works fine.

1999 78.6k miles, triptronic Located in Central Ohio (edit title says 76k)

Please send me a message or post what you'd like and a price. Nothing to small to send but try to come up with a honest price if you can, I'm using the money to get another as I loved this car something awful :ah:

Some semi firm prices: (shipping not included) small discount for local pickups or meetings

$2000.00 Engine 76k , perfect running order oil changed ever 3k(left in car so if buyer wants to hear, start it, also have video I can send) 2.5l nothing taken off the motor, everything attached comes with it except transmission

$500.00 Seats 8/10, very good condition, no stains or rips. Black leather. Only flaw is the slight cracking where the seat sticks out behind the elbows. I can get pictures if needed.

$600.00 triptronic tans flawless shifting no problems

$150.00 Calipers each (painted red with white Porsche sticker)

$200.00 Ac control unit, plus leds to convert to blue leds, (perfect condition no scratches and no wear on buttons, lcd clear and bright) bought leds, but never got a chance to convert soldering required

$200.00 White Speedo cluster

$150.00 17in stock Turbo wheels 8/10 , normal wear tires are bald as I gave the good ones away to friend and he put his crap ones on the rims so I could move it

$250.00 Spare tire, tools pouch, plus jack and cover

$100.00 Strut plus spring (at least 3 are good, 4th looks fine but not removed)

Ask for pictures, I'll be able to take pics and send them on weekends and I can answer questions any day

Last edited by Brian0icu812; 09-23-2013 at 05:40 AM.
Brian0icu812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #2

Garage
Would you take 1500 for engine
Philo beddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:02 AM   #3

Garage
Want that engine

Would you take 1500 for engine?
Philo beddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #4

Garage
That looks bad. Hope no one got injured.

How much for the sun visors, or at least the mirror covers from the visors?
PaulDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #5

Pm sent, this is a possibility if you can pick up, but I'd like to give it alittle time @ $2000 since its more then fair. Pictures and videos will be posted tonight guys!

Other pms sent about other parts as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDash View Post

Old 09-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #6

Mirror covers are ok, but the tabs on the actual mirror are broke, the covers are painted flat black since the warning was looking like crap, let me know if you need pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDash View Post

Old 09-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #7

Here are some pictures as is, in the process of taking things off.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
Camibox

Garage
Ouch! Glad you're ok
Camibox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #9

I'm interested in a few odds and ends. Please PM me with availability and pricing shipped to Decatur, IL 62526. If you use eBay as a pricing guide, I'll probably pass. The win/win for you and I is that I'm looking for things that don't sell often, and multiple items are going to one address, probably in one box, allowing you to make a quick sell and make the shipping easy

1.) cabin air filter housingt, and filter if it is average or better.
2,) black carpet that runs behind seats over crossmember. Maybe the larger piece that covers most of the area behind the seats if price is low.
3.)The rubber piece that runs the width of the windshield that attaches to cowl cover.
4.) Hmmm, I might also be interested in the windshield if it is not cracked or scratched by windshield wipers.
5.) The air duct that runs above drivers shin. It is a short piece about one foot long.
6.) Right rear fender liner and splash shield.
7.) Front left fender liner.
8.) wiring harness that runs through front trunk to amp (let me know if amp is Nokia or HAS) I'm talking about a pig tail with the connector to the amp at one end, and as much of that harness as you can keep.
9.) The fasteners for the front trunk carpet and the plugs for the two drain holes in the bottom of the front trunk under the carpet.
10.) What condition is the rear window? If good or better, then assuming the top is not torn, I might be interested in the whole top. It is easy to remove as a unit. And, if we go that route, then I may travel to you to pick up stuff as shipping top could be expensive.

That is for now. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks, Joe
Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #10

1. cabin air filter housing is all good, the filter was dirty, i may have thrown it away but if i didnt you can have it
2. I need to check on this, i know the very top piece had some fading right in the center. Wasnt horrible but i noticed it compared to the one behind the seats. I can send pictures this weekend if youre still interested
3.This is there and in good condition
4.windshield is cracked in bottom right from hood corner hitting it
5.its there and in good condition, hasnt been removed yet but i took it out when i did the dual din stereo conversion and it was fine.
6. there and good condition
7. there and good condition
8. amp has been removed but i need to check the harness make sure nothing broke, is there anything else on the harness? I know the headlight plug is gone if its the same one. amp is HAES one
9. plugs are fine, which fasteners are you referring too? The carpet has been removed but im sure i have the clips your looking for free. Some broke but most should be fine and i have rear ones too if they are the same.
10. Top is just cloudy no rips or busts at the fold point, just makes it hard at night with headlights shinning through, it defuses them lol. Top is already removed and wouldnt want much for it and the frame. The motors and transmissions I'm planning on ebaying though as i found a lot recently sold.

On that note I'm not looking for ebay prices, i know theres fees ect, and I'd rather sell to forum members and sell in bulk as storage is tight and I'd like to get rid of as fast as possible. I'm not trying to get rich, I'm just trying to add to the bank to buy another boxster so I would take a fair offer. I wont be able to get the parts or take pictures until this Friday though as the car is about 30miles away from my home. If you do decide to come and get them I can sell cheaper and maybe meet somewhere depending on how far of a drive it is for me.
Send me a pm, with items you want a picture of and any other questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellr8 View Post
I'm interested in a few odds and ends. Please PM me with availability and pricing shipped to Decatur, IL 62526. If you use eBay as a pricing guide, I'll probably pass. The win/win for you and I is that I'm looking for things that don't sell often, and multiple items are going to one address, probably in one box, allowing you to make a quick sell and make the shipping easy

1.) cabin air filter housingt, and filter if it is average or better.
2,) black carpet that runs behind seats over crossmember. Maybe the larger piece that covers most of the area behind the seats if price is low.
3.)The rubber piece that runs the width of the windshield that attaches to cowl cover.
4.) Hmmm, I might also be interested in the windshield if it is not cracked or scratched by windshield wipers.
5.) The air duct that runs above drivers shin. It is a short piece about one foot long.
6.) Right rear fender liner and splash shield.
7.) Front left fender liner.
8.) wiring harness that runs through front trunk to amp (let me know if amp is Nokia or HAS) I'm talking about a pig tail with the connector to the amp at one end, and as much of that harness as you can keep.
9.) The fasteners for the front trunk carpet and the plugs for the two drain holes in the bottom of the front trunk under the carpet.
10.) What condition is the rear window? If good or better, then assuming the top is not torn, I might be interested in the whole top. It is easy to remove as a unit. And, if we go that route, then I may travel to you to pick up stuff as shipping top could be expensive.

That is for now. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks, Joe
Old 09-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #11

Speakers arrived yesterday. Perfect condition. Thanks!
MitchSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #12

Garage
Do you have a 4 stalk turn signal switch? Interested on the OBC stalk.
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #13

yes its 4 stalk, im getting the steering wheel out today, along with the center console and engine. I'll send a pic tonight or tomorrow of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan topping View Post
Do you have a 4 stalk turn signal switch? Interested on the OBC stalk.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #14

How much for transmission with shipping to Renton, WA?
mmuresan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #15

Do you have the plastic cover that goes underneath of the car, from door to door? how much ship it to Rhode Island? Thanks
carlos
carlosnolasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #16

Would you take 100 for the HVAC control panel? If you still have it.
Goodbiketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #17
'01 Boxster 2.7L

Pm sent!!! Thanks!
dchan021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #18

Do you have the plastic cover that goes underneath of the car, from door to door? how much ship it to Rhode Island? Thanks
Old 10-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #19

Sorry took so long to reply, I've been out of town picking up another boxster

To answer your questions quickly.

Yes i have the plastic that does from door to door, (not the one over the engine though)

Yes i would take 100 for the original hvac control panel no leds with it though. I'm planning on converting the one in the car i bought to the blue leds, and want to make sure i dont mess anything up before I sell the other one. So yes i will sell it for 100 but give me a week to make sure everything goes well with the soldering the leds first

The transmission I'd like to get $500 + shipping for. Does anyone know the best way to ship something that big/heavy?
Old 10-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #20

could you pm with the price, ship it to RI. Thanks

Tags
2.5l , parting out , parts , red , wrecked