Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 06:47 AM   #1

Porsche Engine Control Unit (ECU, Computer, DME), Immobilizer, key, Boxster

Porsche Engine Control Unit (ECU, Computer, DME), Immobilizer, key, Complete set, 00,01,02 Boxster

This is listed on eBay, but I wanted to offer it here at a discount as a way of saying thank you for all the help on a variety of Boxster techincial issues.

EBay price $499.95, 986forum price $425.

Complete set – Porsche Engine Control Unit (ECU, Computer, DME), Immobilizer (anti-theft), Ignition switch, Key, Door lock. 00 01 02 Boxster 986 996 911

You are purchasing the used Engine and Immobilizer computer set consisting of the following 5 items:

Engine Computer Part# 996.618.605.00 which uses version 7.2 DME, and

Security M535 Computer Part# 996.618.262.03, and

Ignition switch and mechanism assembly complete with computer Part #996.618.159.01, and

Key, and

Door Lock Cylinder.

All pictures are actual. If you need more pictures, contact me.

These items were removed from a running 2002 Porsche Boxster S 986 with manual 6 Speed transmission, 3.2L, VIN# WPOCB29862U664097.

Reported to also work with:
PORSCHE 911 01 Elec Cont Unit (ECU); exc. Turbo; (behind RH rear seat), w/elec accelerator
PORSCHE 911 99-00 Elec Cont Unit (ECU); (behind RH rear seat), w/elec accelerator
PORSCHE BOXSTER 00-02 Elec Cont Unit (ECU); 2.7L
PORSCHE BOXSTER 00-02 Elec Cont Unit (ECU); 3.2L

NOTE: My understanding is if your application involves a different displacement engine and/or tiptronic transmission, the DME will need to be reflashed. The interchange information above is from a third party. It is intended to give some direction, but if you are relying on that information, you will need to confirm it is correct. I cannot help with that and there are no returns so be sure before you purchase.

This assembly is in excellent working condition and ready to install! There are scratches and mars, but that is normal. The remote portion of the key will need to be replaced as the buttons are worn away. As you know, that portion of the key is designed to be separated.

Free shipping via UPS ground.

Payment via Paypal.

No returns, so be sure this is the set you need. I’ve given you part numbers so do your homework

Thanks for looking.

Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote