Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #1

WTB: Bose amp for 986

We just finished a custom interior in a BoxsterS and I'm in need of a Bose amp for a 986. We had NO idea that the Bose speakers run at a different ohm rating and you HAVE to have the Bose amp to make it sound decent!!

Paypal/Cash/Check paid (or we have parts)

I probably have 3-4 stock amps from all the cars we have gutted for race cars No Bose however!

B

Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #2

Garage
I assume you upgraded the stereo system but kept the stock Bose speakers? I have a Bose amp that I pulled out of my car but it features the MOST system that connects to the deck using a fiber optic system. If you are not using the original deck, it will not work with this amp. I upgraded the deck in my car because it died, and to solve the amp problem I used 2 new amps to run the system. I believe one was a 4 Channel and one a single Channel. You just need to be careful to buy 2 ohm amps, not the standard 4 ohm units. I've read the existing Bose speakers are mostly 2 ohm. I haven't had any problems this year with the setup and it sounds pretty good. Though they say the existing Bose speakers aren't the greatest either.
dbazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #3

Thank you~!! I'm not a car stereo guy (ask me about engines/transmissions/suspension) lol The car does have an aftermarket deck in it, so it sounds like my best bet is to buy a regular amp and skip looking for the Bose setup~!!

The car had ZERO in it. No speakers at all. A previous shop had gutted the car.

B

Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote