Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #1

WTB: Front Centre Console (horseshoe)

I am looking for the "horseshoe" shaped radio surround. I have found some online but are near the $300 range after shipping . Does anyone know where I can get one for a lot less then that? I have a 2001 boxster and am looking to retro fit the single cupholder under the front air vents. If anyone can help me with that that would be great

coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
coolbreeze,

Is this the part you need?

Silver Radio Surround Trim:Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment - Cayman Panamera Cayenn

If so, I saw a couple on eBay for a lot less ($50 - $60). I believe they were finished in silver, but probably can be easily repainted.

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb View Post
coolbreeze,

Is this the part you need?

Silver Radio Surround Trim:Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment - Cayman Panamera Cayenn

If so, I saw a couple on eBay for a lot less ($50 - $60). I believe they were finished in silver, but probably can be easily repainted.

ddb
That is exactly what I am looking for. What word did you use to search for them? I tried many variations and haven't found anything resembling the horseshoe.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
I searched using "Boxster dash". I saw the one in the link below, which I see now isn't a "Buy It Now" item, so good luck with it. I also saw another one that was either starting at $59, or maybe buy it now for $59, but I can't find it now.

Best of luck,

ddb

PORSCHE arctic silver center dash trim 911 986 BOXSTER 996 2002 and more NR | eBay
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb View Post
I searched using "Boxster dash". I saw the one in the link below, which I see now isn't a "Buy It Now" item, so good luck with it. I also saw another one that was either starting at $59, or maybe buy it now for $59, but I can't find it now.

Best of luck,

ddb

PORSCHE arctic silver center dash trim 911 986 BOXSTER 996 2002 and more NR | eBay
The ebay search engine seems picky. I may start bidding on this item tonight. Thanks for all your help!
Old 11-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #6

Horseshoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze551 View Post
The ebay search engine seems picky. I may start bidding on this item tonight. Thanks for all your help!
Coolbreeze, I have the part you are looking for. It is part #996-552-233-06-A03
It is called "trim for switch"
Sent you a pm.
Norm

Norminhouston is offline   Reply With Quote