Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #1

FS: debuloz muffler

It sounds awesome....but it is too loud for the wifey. Honsestly it is not loud at all and has no resonace that I could tell.

600 new.

200 used with shipping.

it is scratched, not as pretty as new, but all you see are the tips anyway. pictures if you are really interested.

Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #2

Garage
if you could i have no idea what this unit looks like i googled it to no avail. also are there any performance gains? is it lighter? at least does it have no negative affects on the perfomance?
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #3

Click this link to see the ebay auction for this item Deluboz exhaust

jhandy please correct me if I posted the wrong exhaust

Last edited by Wingnut2u; 11-02-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Wingnut2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #4

Thanks for the pic. That is the one. Although mine is not as shinny. Mine is 1.5 years old and if desired, I can polish it up prior to shipping. However, unless you stick your head under the car, all you see is the tips that sit snuggly against the bumper.

I dont think it makes any HP gains. You save about 30 LBS, and thats good. The sound is really cool. It sounds like a mini GT. Best of all is that it burbbels on down shift, so it sounds like you are at the races.

Puts a smile on my face.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
Old 10-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #5

Garage
so it actually touches the bumpers or no? im very very interested in this piece my only concern is that i have a 2.7 and i need all the torque i can get! lol so hopefully it wouldnt decrease that
Old 10-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
It doesn't save 30 lbs...........I wish it did.

Mine slightly rubs against the metal bumper guard and hasn't been an issue with 10k on it to date.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #7

feels like 30 lbs!!
anyway it it less than OEM.

mine rubs, here is a picture.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #8

Garage
well like i said in my pm ill let you know asap and it looks good! btw i too have a silver box and urs looks very nice i love the painted bumperettes one of these days!
Old 10-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #9

The ebay shot is all chromed out or polished. your photo looks like it has been painted flat black. Can you clarify by what you mean you can clean it up a bit. Also the ebay shot looks like there is a much thicker edge to the exhaust tips. On yours it looks like it is just raw metal. Do you have a different picture? Maybe that would help.
Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 06:21 PM   #10

mine is not painted. however when chrome gets hot, it turns dark and has a rainbow patina. The tip must version 1.0 because they are not like the ones in the picture. They are simple metal. Also when I bought the thing, the tips where "titanium finish". Now it is just darker. The muffer tucks up so tight, you wil not see anything crome painted or otherwise. Also i dont wash my muffler when i wash the car. The tips dont stick out at all so there is nothing to clean. The tips have rubbed on the bumper, and you can see that in the pictures. It can not be seen on the car. It is not 100%, that is why is is not full price. 7 day money back guaranty if you want to send it back.

pictures below.

Last edited by jhandy; 10-22-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhandy
mine is not painted. however when chrome gets hot, it turns dark and has a rainbow patina. The tip must version 1.0 because they are not like the ones in the picture. They are simple metal. Also when I bought the thing, the tips where "titanium finish". Now it is just darker. The muffer tucks up so tight, you wil not see anything crome painted or otherwise. Also i dont wash my muffler when i wash the car. The tips dont stick out at all so there is nothing to clean. The tips have rubbed on the bumper, and you can see that in the pictures. It can not be seen on the car. It is not 100%, that is why is is not full price. 7 day money back guaranty if you want to send it back.

pictures below.

Hi! I'm interested on your item and I have few questions:
1. Will this be a direct bolt on to a 2000 Boxster Non-s I believe it's a 2.7L.
2. Can you give me a better deal? PM the Better pice deal.
3 Where are you located? If you are local near Los Angeles CA Maybe I can just pick up the item.

Thanks!

Marc
Old 11-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #12

Yes it is a direct bolt on, as is every other boxster muffler up to 2004ish.

I can not give you a better price, sorry. I have had lots of offers to buy it at 200.

Also I sold the muffler this AM when I mailed it to CA.
Sorry, but thanks for the interest.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #13

Is it sold?