Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #1

FS: Boxster Hard Top

I have a Artic Silver 986 hard top for sale that is in great condition. It comes from a 2001 986S. I don't use it much and it has mostly been in storage. I am located in Charlotte, NC and I prefer that the new owner pick it up here. The price is $1,500.

Please email me at ventus15m@yahoo.com. I can send higher resolution pictures if desired.

Thanks for looking.

Brad

Old 08-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #2

Welcome!

hope you get the top sold, but I love mine. Even tho' it did not get used this winter!
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #3

Those of you with hardtops, I was wondering what is the headroom and interior space was like compared to the soft-top? Also, I have the big plastic window that comes with the pre-2003 cars, how big is the rear window in the hardtops? At one point I was thinking of getting a hardtop, I even bought spinlocks (not installed yet). But with this economy, it looks like I will need to wait a year or so if I decide to get one,

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
Porsche "Purist"

Garage
The hardtop is better than the soft top in almost every way .
Owned and repaired Porsches since 1974. Porsche: It's not driving, it's therapy.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #5

Since I use the car as a dd I have the hard top on every day, and only take it off if it is a nice day or we are in for a stretch of nice weather (which isn't all that often up here) I have developed some personal opinions.

1) It makes the cabin quieter.
2) Head space seems the same to me.
3) Better visibility through glass than plastic window.
4) IMHO, visually superior to the closed soft-top (ie. Hard top or No top).

My 2c.
9eighty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
Those of you with hardtops, I was wondering what is the headroom and interior space was like compared to the soft-top? Also, I have the big plastic window that comes with the pre-2003 cars, how big is the rear window in the hardtops? At one point I was thinking of getting a hardtop, I even bought spinlocks (not installed yet). But with this economy, it looks like I will need to wait a year or so if I decide to get one,

Ed

Ed, I usually put it on late October or early November.

PM me in the fall if you want to check mine out. Maybe we could meet somewhere between Chesterfield and Farmville on a Saturday. It looks like you have a lot of cool stuff on your car that I have been considering.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #7

The hard top just sold to a local Charlotte boxster guy. Thanks to all for looking and discussing the great merits of a hard top. OBTW, it sold for $1,400. Good market info.

Brad
Old 08-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #8

The hardtop is a great addition to an already fine car.
I have my hardtop on the market as I rarely drive the car in the winter and hate seeing a good hardtop just sit.

here is a plug for mine:
FS Guards Red Hardtop