Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #1

fs S-CAR-GO Racing Porsche Boxster 986 Street Headers

For Sale $500.00
S-CAR-GO Racing, Inc. Porsche Boxster® Street Headers (NOT THE CHEEP EBAY HEADERS THAT DON’T FIT AND ARE TOO THIN.) are available as a bolt-on application. They have a custom-designed flange area that is a significant improvement in both design and flow over factory headers. The gains in both horsepower and efficiency are as obvious to the driver on the street as they are on the dynamometer. $2,150 per set retail.

lardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #2

Do you have any pictures? How many miles are on them approx?
manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:49 AM   #3

I did a lot of work looking at available headers. I ended up getting the TTP 986 headers, but the s-car-go, were my second choice. Cost was the only thing that kept me from getting them. This looks like a great price for someone thinking about headers for their 986, just my two cents.

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:42 AM   #4
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
I did a lot of work looking at available headers. I ended up getting the TTP 986 headers, but the s-car-go, were my second choice. Cost was the only thing that kept me from getting them. This looks like a great price for someone thinking about headers for their 986, just my two cents.

Ed

Do these give you a CEL if you have a 2000+ model which have precats located on the headers themselves? Also, with these headers, do you need to tie away the power steering lines?

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
Do these give you a CEL if you have a 2000+ model which have precats located on the headers themselves? Also, with these headers, do you need to tie away the power steering lines?
I don't believe the S-Car-Go headers have cats...at least ones I've seen so yeah they'll probably produce a CEL on 00-04 models unless you do the O2 sensor relocation thing and run a set behind the other set of cats. Even that is no guarantee though and some people still have CEL issues with that setup.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
I don't believe the S-Car-Go headers have cats...at least ones I've seen so yeah they'll probably produce a CEL on 00-04 models unless you do the O2 sensor relocation thing and run a set behind the other set of cats. Even that is no guarantee though and some people still have CEL issues with that setup.
Ok, thanks for confirming. The price on those headers is great. Too bad it won't work so easily on my model yr.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #7

"I don't believe the S-Car-Go headers have cats...at least ones I've seen so yeah they'll probably produce a CEL on 00-04 models unless you do the O2 sensor relocation thing and run a set behind the other set of cats. Even that is no guarantee though and some people still have CEL issues with that setup."

I agree, all their headers I looked at were cat-less, like my TTP headers. I put on high-flow cats after the TTP headers and added new oxygen sensors, still spent a long time chasing CEL's....

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote