986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   fs S-CAR-GO Racing Porsche Boxster 986 Street Headers (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/21668-fs-s-car-go-racing-porsche-boxster-986-street-headers.html)

lardog 08-09-2009 05:08 PM

fs S-CAR-GO Racing Porsche Boxster 986 Street Headers

For Sale $500.00
S-CAR-GO Racing, Inc. Porsche Boxster® Street Headers (NOT THE CHEEP EBAY HEADERS THAT DON’T FIT AND ARE TOO THIN.) are available as a bolt-on application. They have a custom-designed flange area that is a significant improvement in both design and flow over factory headers. The gains in both horsepower and efficiency are as obvious to the driver on the street as they are on the dynamometer. $2,150 per set retail.

manolo 08-12-2009 08:56 PM

Do you have any pictures? How many miles are on them approx?

edevlin 08-13-2009 04:49 AM

I did a lot of work looking at available headers. I ended up getting the TTP 986 headers, but the s-car-go, were my second choice. Cost was the only thing that kept me from getting them. This looks like a great price for someone thinking about headers for their 986, just my two cents.

Ed

:cheers:

Boxtaboy 08-13-2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edevlin
I did a lot of work looking at available headers. I ended up getting the TTP 986 headers, but the s-car-go, were my second choice. Cost was the only thing that kept me from getting them. This looks like a great price for someone thinking about headers for their 986, just my two cents.

Ed

:cheers:

Do these give you a CEL if you have a 2000+ model which have precats located on the headers themselves? Also, with these headers, do you need to tie away the power steering lines?

Adam 08-13-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
Do these give you a CEL if you have a 2000+ model which have precats located on the headers themselves? Also, with these headers, do you need to tie away the power steering lines?

I don't believe the S-Car-Go headers have cats...at least ones I've seen so yeah they'll probably produce a CEL on 00-04 models unless you do the O2 sensor relocation thing and run a set behind the other set of cats. Even that is no guarantee though and some people still have CEL issues with that setup.

Boxtaboy 08-13-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam
I don't believe the S-Car-Go headers have cats...at least ones I've seen so yeah they'll probably produce a CEL on 00-04 models unless you do the O2 sensor relocation thing and run a set behind the other set of cats. Even that is no guarantee though and some people still have CEL issues with that setup.

Ok, thanks for confirming. The price on those headers is great. Too bad it won't work so easily on my model yr.

edevlin 08-13-2009 01:32 PM

"I don't believe the S-Car-Go headers have cats...at least ones I've seen so yeah they'll probably produce a CEL on 00-04 models unless you do the O2 sensor relocation thing and run a set behind the other set of cats. Even that is no guarantee though and some people still have CEL issues with that setup."

I agree, all their headers I looked at were cat-less, like my TTP headers. I put on high-flow cats after the TTP headers and added new oxygen sensors, still spent a long time chasing CEL's....

Ed :(