Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster & Cayman Detailing Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2020, 10:02 AM   #1

Garage
Finally a real hands off wheel cleaner

Hey Guys,
For many years I have tried different "spray on, wash off" hands free wheel cleaners. I have not found any that come close. Today I grabbed a bottle of Krud Kutter I had and sprayed my wheels. 2 minutes later I used the jet spray on my nozzle and all the Krud came off! You can see how clean the wheel is in the picture.
For those of you that live in "love bug" areas you all know they are very difficult to remove even more when they have baked in the sun for hours. I had a white Nissan Titan and the front was covered. I tried carwash, WD-40, wax, compound, gasoline and nothing would touch them. I took a face cloth, ran it under water, and sprayed a liberal amount of Krud Kutter on it. The love bugs did not have a chance.

As the old lady says "I put that @%#$# on everything

Larrymal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:04 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Owner

I'm a fan of Sonax, I'll have to try this one
Benitom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 02:30 PM   #3
1998 Boxster Owner

Tried the aerosol spray on wheels and it worked really well. Sonax was better for me, but the Krud Kutter outperformed other wheel cleaners I tried. This is a great cost saving alternative. I could see the dirt oozing off the tires themselves
Benitom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:26 AM   #4

Good idea thanks

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

alansdavid is offline   Reply With Quote