Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster & Cayman Detailing Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2017, 08:52 AM   #21

Garage
Cover the front with a bra until you arrive at a solution. Yes, bras are not recommended; I used mine short-term in the fall when it is not too hot

Old 10-31-2017, 03:11 PM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Anyone have the clear film paint protector installed on their Boxster? My front Bumper has a few rock chips on the lower half and I am thinking about having the Lumar clear film installed now on my Hood, Lights, and side Mirrors. I would like to install it on my bumper but not before having the paint chips removed. The Lumar film is supposed to be the best, and I have heard if a rock hits the film and puts a small depression in the film, it will heal itself. Not so with other films I hear.
I have Xpel paint protection film on the front third of my car (not the lights). The film is tough and I love being able to scrub the bugs off with a dish brush. It won't stop rock dents if the rock is big enough (of course) but holds up pretty well to road debris. I've had it close to three years and I'm starting to get a few nicks in it. Paint looks fine under it but it looks a little less than perfect to me because I know where each on is and I wash it on a regular basis. I've been told they have a life span so it's not necessarily cheap on a per year basis if you count it as a consumable every 3-5 years.

2003 S, 6 Speed, PCM, PSM, Bose, Litronics with washers, on its' second LN IMSB, comfort top, UDP, 987 engine mount, 997 RMS, Koni Sport Shocks, H&R springs, Techno brace, comfort blinkers, nin8six windscreen, particlewave light up cubby
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote