View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #10
Wonko The Sane

Long Answer: Since a lot of people seem to be ignoring the actual question: I have TC on my box (I live in central PA, it's my daily driver, and I have a set of Blizzaks for it), and I usually ended up turning off the TC to get around here in the snow. The reason for it: We have a lot of hills where I live, and when the idiot ahead of you starts getting close to it and says "WOAH!! There's a hill! I had better come to a complete stop before I try to move up this one!," you basically have to spin the tires to keep moving forward.

I did try a couple of the steeper hills around here in the first snow, first with TC on, then with it off. With TC on, I was unable to make it up a hills here, cause I couldn't actually apply any forward thrust as soon as it started slipping. TC off just meant I had to give it a little gas, and it'll grip eventually

Where traction control is really nice is when you're driving down that road and hit a spot of ice, especially if you're in the middle of a turn. THAT is when you want TC, but it's not necessary even then, by any means. If you've ever driven any other RWD sports cars in the snow, the box is exactly the same. You don't need TC if you're not an idiot. As you know, the first vehicles in the bank after a snow fall is the SUV driving soccer moms who think "hey, I have 4WD! I don't have to slow down like the rest of these peons!"

Short answer: No, you don't need TC
Wonko The Sane is offline   Reply With Quote