View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
FrayAdjacent

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_PILOT
hey, thanks for the help. I change the oil on all my other vehicles, but I have never owned a mid-engine car, or a porsche. Those Germans build things that are incredible mechanically, but they do it their own way. i did not want to presume it was simple like any other car I have done.

I figured for $180 at the dealer, there must be some big secret(yea, sure)

last question. I have heard folks say I should use a genuine Porsche filter removal tool as the generic ones don't seem to seat right. TRUE?

thanks.

You can't go wrong with the genuine Porsche tool, that's for sure, but there are some generic ones that will work. I opted for the Porsche tool.

With all the parts, oil and the filter wrench, your first oil change will cost about $100-110... I'd go ahead and order a few of the drain plug washers, and maybe a couple filters, because they're really not that expensive, then obtain the oil locally.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote