View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 12:31 PM   #4
FrayAdjacent

You need a DIY?

Back it up on some ramps, unscrew the drain plug, and drain the oil. Once it's done, put the plug back in with a NEW crush washer and torque to spec.

Then remove the filter cannister, drain the oil from it and let the old cartridge drain as much as it can. It's probably a good idea to wipe out the cannister, in case any large particles settled in there. Clean off the threads and remove the old O ring, and put your new one on. Insert your new filter element, and screw it back on.

Put 9 quarts of oil in the engine, and start it, move the car to a level surface and shut off the engine.

Check your oil level using the dipstick (or gauge for 987, for 986, you can use the gauge, but verify with the dipstick), and top it up using your 10th quart. It shouldn't take more than .5 qt.

Also a hint, if you use the dash oil level gauge (986 only) each bar is about one cup of oil (cup as in a cooking measure cup).

Changing the oil is VERY VERY simple in these cars.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote