View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 02:59 AM   #13
airboxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000SoCalBoxsterS
I have the Magellan Roadmate 700. It is basically the same unit you get if you've ever rented a car from Hertz and had the Hertz Neverlost in the car. It's great. Portables are great. You can obviously take them with you in whatever car you happen to be driving. Better than those $2,000 built in NAV systems.

Now-a-days I believe they all have voice guidance which is key. You don't want to have to constantly be looking at the map screen.

I also have owned the Magellan 700 for two years. I've used in throughout Europe and North America and it has been excellent. We move it around between four family cars. The only problem was the base broke once but it was replaced under warranty. Also the first year the unit did not provide an option for an alternative route when there was a detour required. It would just keep advising to make a legal U turn as soon as possible to continue on the same route. This years model has a software fix that allows you to ask for an alternate route immediately when you are stuck. Great voice commands and directions.
airboxster is offline   Reply With Quote