View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 03:51 AM   #1
Daryl80

Just picked up my Boxster. 2 days later battery died

Hi All,

I write, hoping it would have been better news. Just bought myself my first Boxster. Its a clean '97 model, that had a full PPI check. Received the full bill of health. Now its been two days where the car has not been driven and the battery is completely dead

Interior lights dont work, when I try to start the car, nothing happens, not even the click click click noise of the starter motor. The dash warning lights are all dim, so I'm not able to start my car now! *sigh*

Now my only suspicion is with the side mirror demister. I only say that because even when the key switched off and taken out, the demister light was still on.

I even tried pulling out the fuse, but the light remained on.

Since I have no idea about Porsche's I thought this was normal, but suspicious. But could this be the root cause? The car was sitting off and idle for 2 days like this.

Sigh, any comment would be greatly appreciated, as I've been looking forward to owning one for ages, I just wish the car would start!

As a side note, does anybody know what Optima battery model would fit a Boxster? Or what battery size I should get. I want to start afresh, once the problem is found. I'm located in Australia if that helps

Thanks!
Daryl80 is offline   Reply With Quote