View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 12:07 PM   #12
Bill Pickering

Quote:
Originally Posted by insite
bill -

did you compare traqmate to the racepak G2X? i'm getting ready to purchase one, but i've never used traqmate. do you know details? thanks.
My choice of purchase on the Traqmate versus the AIM Pista and the G2X and others was heavily influenced by cost. I knew I wanted a GPS unit, which ruled out the AIM Pista, although I love the dash unit that you can purchase with it. And the G2X looked good as well.

I've read that the very technical users of data ack feel the the G2X is superior as it provides more channels to download various data points. The Traqmate got the nod from several users for simplicity of use, which has been true in my case. I was up and running very quickly and easily. Also, the TrackVision software was bundled with the Traqmate at the time I purchased it and seemed like a good deal.

I believe most of these data units are easy to use from what I understand. I can easily download the data after every session on my laptop and review it and make adjustments before my next session. I'm really happy I spent the money on it. It's really helped me understand more of my driving style.

Thanks,

Bill P.

Barrick Pickering Racing
Bill Pickering is offline   Reply With Quote