View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #13
FrayAdjacent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm750
Fray-

Not to sound insulting, but the work your PO did on that box is horrible. First of all, it absolutely is not sealed, which is a particular problem in that it is neither sealed nor correctly ported. Secondly, the quality of fabrication looks to be especially poor. Thirdly, it appears that no attention was paid at all to calculating cabinet volume. No matter what you put in there, it is never going to sound good.

I would either take it to a good audio shop and let them see what they can salvage of the install, which might involve fiberglassing what is there in to seal it properly, though you'd still have a huge amount of lost footwell space, or look into something like I have, whether you purchase it as a complete solution from the shop that did mine, or have a local shop custom fab it for you.

Just my $.02.

Patrick
Hey, I agree with you. I'm just glad the floormat completely covers it, so it's not an eyesore to me. Since the carpet's already cut up down there, I think I'll stick with that location for a sub... and maybe go with something like yours.

Once I have some money to play with all that stuff... I also still need to pull up the dash speakers (driver's side dash keeps cutting out) and see if they're the original speakers or upgrades.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote